Quake Wars Retail

Reaction score
Ok I know there are other threads on Quake Wars but they are based on the beta or demo, this thread is for the full game only.

I'll start with screenshots of the new maps (taken by Joe999 & hosted at Quake-Wars-Ops.com)

Slipgate

Canyon

Outskirts

Volcano

Ark

Quarry

Island

I'll try and keep this updated with any news or media of the full game.
Check my Quake Wars Ops sig for more info ;)

I totally lost my interest for this game ever since playing the beta. I tried the demo, but I didn't like it either. I'll pass.

I totally lost my interest for this game ever since playing the beta. I tried the demo, but I didn't like it either. I'll pass.

Yeah, the game is a huge let down for myself too.
Way too resource intensive and everything just feels like a toy.

I'll pass on this one..I didn't like the demo. The orange box will keep me occupied for a while

I'll pass on this one..I didn't like the demo. The orange box will keep me occupied for a while

:thumbs: yep, I thought its the BF2 killer we've been waiting for.

It fails!!!.

PS: I liked the design of the maps, weapons...etc.

never played the beta or demo but when it was announced i was very much looking forward to a possible bf2 killer, impressions i read were generally very poor so pass.

Shame you guys dont like it, make sure you give it a chance before you right it off.
Got some new map screens HERE too of Salvage & Refinery.

does this game have campaign mode? i dun really like a BF2 style game. i enjoyed the demo but i want a single player mode.

Im passing on this one as well, Id love to give it a try but my comp cant handle the beta so f*ck it. I really dont see why people dont do what valve does and strive to make the requirements less punishing on people with piss poor systems.

does this game have campaign mode? i dun really like a BF2 style game. i enjoyed the demo but i want a single player mode.

Yup, the campaign takes place around 4 different zones, each made up of 3 levels.

F*cking hard though against the computer.

I like the game, though I got too hyped for it. I was so excited, but it let me down a bit. Doesn't mean I hate it, just means I won't play it as much as I thought.

Now Team Fortress 2 on the other hand....

For all of you that don't know whether to get the game or not, then have a look in this THREAD, I'm going to be posting all reviews of the game there.

So far its getting great reviews.

Yeah guys need to give it a chance, it takes a while for you to get to grips with the game, believe me the more you play it the more you'll like it. And its come on leaps and bounds since the beta (even the demo).

All those reviews cant be wrong.

It shit all over the awesome gameplay of Wolf ET, tbh.

I've played both of the beta's and i am not that impressed tbh.
Just like bf 2142,the game feels like a bf2 mod to me.
The original RCTW ET is much better and much more team oriented than this game.
I'll probably purchase it in the near future.Eventually when the price drops but i am not that interested atm.

I've played both of the beta's and i am not that impressed tbh.
Just like bf 2142,the game feels like a bf2 mod to me.
The original RCTW ET is much better and much more team oriented than this game.
I'll probably purchase it in the near future.Eventually when the price drops but i am not that interested atm.

Yeah, pretty much.
I will buy it eventually, maybe when it's down to $20.

I'll probably have a better computer by then too.

It's like BF2, but more laggy and with smaller levels which confuses me. Smaller levels should equal less lag, but it doesn't.

It's like BF2, but more laggy and with smaller levels which confuses me. Smaller levels should equal less lag, but it doesn't.

It's not like BF2 at all, I'd prefer to play vanilla BF2 for 3 hours than even an hour of this atm.

Well, all I`m saying is I usually can`t stand multiplayer games, even against bots, but this game is taking up some serious amounts of my time

I think I will have to wait for the Gamespy and IGN reviews along with clan and mod community reaction before taking the $50 plunge.

Quite possibly I will get this game, since it's damn awesome.

I've just ordered it off play.com...not played the beta or demo, in fact not played any games in ages.
But maybe it will get me hooked on games again - and that's a good thing...I think.

I think I will have to wait for the Gamespy and IGN reviews along with clan and mod community reaction before taking the $50 plunge.

Not sure if you seen, but I have posted a link to a load of reviews HERE and IGN have given a first impressions report HERE

saw the demo being played by a coworker, saw some videos too. Doesn't look too appealing to me. The fire fights seemed more suited to quake 3 than something semi tactical. And the vehicles didn't seem to have any depth to them.

saw the demo being played by a coworker, saw some videos too. Doesn't look too appealing to me. The fire fights seemed more suited to quake 3 than something semi tactical. And the vehicles didn't seem to have any depth to them.

Try flying summat, you gotta put some practice in with them.

Back