Question about Collectors Edition

Dr.Sbaitso

Reaction score
I already purchased the CE over at Gamestop and it cost me 85 bucks, now i was somewhat pissed to find out that all it came with collectible wise was the t-shirt while the gold package which was like 5 bucks more get a hat and posters and all this stuff but all that aside, i was really pissed even more when i read that the contents of the CE are HL2, CS:S and HL:S. What about DOD Source, even the Silver package on Steam gets DOD but the Collectors edition doesnt, am i gonna be able to download it or something because i feel just a little ripped off.

Vivendi do not have the rights to publish DOD. That is owned by Activision. Hence, the lack of DOD in the Collector's Edition.

kaellinn18 said:
Vivendi do not have the rights to publish DOD. That is owned by Activision. Hence, the lack of DOD in the Collector's Edition.
How did Activision get the rights to DoD?

I know, it's a kick in the groin, but I'm helpless, I need my CE, for the feel of the HL2 DVD in my hands. I'll probably buy the package again through steam in a years time once Valve upgrades it enough.

Yea, I ordered the Collectors Edition, I don't feel screwed. Your getting HL 2 - DVD version, HL 1 : Source, CS:S, A t-shirt, a cool collectors box and a Prima strategy guide.

Goombatommy said:
Yea, I ordered the Collectors Edition, I don't feel screwed. Your getting HL 2 - DVD version, HL 1 : Source, CS:S, A t-shirt, a cool collectors box and a Prima strategy guide.
Neither do I. I just have to have a physical copy.

Anyway...you're from New Jersey, too? Where at, exactly?

Foxtrot said:
How did Activision get the rights to DoD?

Well, they don't have the rights to DOD. They have the exclusive right to publish it (aside from Valve themselves, of course).

Goombatommy said:
I feel like I'm getting screwed. I don't want the shirt or the book. Who wants to buy it off me?

I first reserved the CE form Electronics Boutique, put 5 down, 75 later. Then the steam packages became available with more stuff just not the cd and I said to hell with this an got the silver package. I still have the CE on reserve and am contemplating keeping it just for the DVD, I could put it on a seperate account from my sliver purchase. Its only saving grace is that it is on a DVD, but I think i'll not keep the CE and get get my 5 bucks back. that or get the regular edition down the road just to have a hard copy. I just don't want to have to download the files again if I have to format and I dont wanna fool with burning it to a million cds and try to figure out how to compress or span the files.

Back