Question about Mobo, IDE and harddrive

NeoNight

Reaction score
ok so I fiinally gave in and decided to do an upgrade. I am currently on a p3 933Mhz, pc133 256 Ram, 128mb geforce fx 5200 am waiting for my peices to come in (so far I have 2 parts my cpu which is an amd atlthon xp 3000+ "barton" 2.16ghz FSB 333 and a NEC dvd -/+ dual layer dvd burner blah blah)..... (one of the things coming in happens to be hl2 hehe :bounce: :E )

Anyway the Mother board I ordered which is a Biostar

says it has IDE: 2x UltraDMA 133 up, ok well the thing is one of the parts I ordered which is Maxtor 200G HD says its interface is ATA 133 . Ok so my question is will that make a difference? will the Hard Drive not work or not get reconized or something? or did I make a big mistake and have to go through the trouble of returning the Hard drive? :rolling:

NeoNight said:
says it has IDE: 2x UltraDMA 133 up, ok well the thing is one of the parts I ordered which is Maxtor 200G HD says its interface is ATA 133 . Ok so my question is will that make a difference? will the Hard Drive not work or not get reconized or something? or did I make a big mistake and have to go through the trouble of returning the Hard drive? :rolling:
It will work fine. ;)

That system will be very good. Big upgrade from a P3. :D
Personally, I would have gone with something like an Athlon 64 2800+ and Chaintech. ;)

Ok great thanks! It's been awhile since I've done anything PC hardware related. So I started to think they've maybe made all these changes since I last upgraded. ahhhh crap I knew I should of looked around more oh well.... next big upgrade will be to Athlon 64 (who knows what it'll be called when am ready to upgrade again, maybe Athlon 128 :p lol )

Back