Question For Anyone who can answer

Dr. Freeman

Reaction score
i want to get this item but my only concern is the format.

if u scroll down to where it says "format" and beside it says PAL.
now here in North America we use NTSC so does that mean my PC would not be able to use this version of HL2?

or is this PAL/NTSC stuff only for regular DVD players/VHS systems? and does not apply to PC components?
anyone know anything on this?

i'm very sure the pal/nstsc version of a pc game [hell, i didn't even think they did that with pc games] doesn't matter.

i've installed versions of games labelled "asia" or "north america" fine on my pc, and i'm in australia.

destrukt said:
i'm very sure the pal/nstsc version of a pc game [hell, i didn't even think they did that with pc games] doesn't matter.

i've installed versions of games labelled "asia" or "north america" fine on my pc, and i'm in australia.

hmm...okay.
truth is, i have never purchased a version of a game which is from another part of the world.. and since this item is costing me good coin... i want to make sure it will work on my PC.

anyone else like to add their comments? please, i'd really like to know if games have worked for u or not.

thanks destrukt :)

I've bought games from the US before and they worked fine over here.

I don't know about PC games, but if you were to buy an PAL game for an un-modded NTSC PS2, it wouldn't work.

It does'nt matter, it will work on your computer.

aight i have decided to go ahead and get this tin box version of HL2 :D
if it doesn't work, i am holding all the pple in this thread accountable

j/k!! :E

PAL is a broadcast transmission standard. Your computer doesn't use that. Perhaps the DVD is region encoded, I don't know how things work with software, but HL2 is neither PAL or NTSC or SECAM. It is VGA.

Back