Ragnarok Arena Remastered Beta 2 Released!

Ackart

Reaction score
I tell you what, I'm a bit of an impatient nerd. Heck, I'm not even making a unique news post for each site! If things had gone my way, you all would have the latest version of Ragnarok Arena Remastered. Unfortunately, the version I uploaded had a small bug (Every time you shot someone, the server crashed) that would have probably been overlooked by the general public, but the team just demanded that I fix it.

But, what exactly is Ragnarok Arena?

A sidescrolling, platforming multiplayer deathmatch - A randomly dispersed armory of more than twenty classic and original weapons from across the history of fragging and levels that capture the true essence of a sidescroller: Insane and without logic.

Download Ragnarok Arena Remastered Beta 2 Now!
This has all happened before and will happen again, and again.

Fortunately, I listened to the voice of reason and the new beta is being released in the time frame of now. What'd we add? Well, I can summarize the list with a few simple words: A few things.

* Moved to the latest Orange Box SDK, thus implementing proper third person animations
* Proper teamplay added with identifiable teams
* Weapon Added: Sawed Off Shotgun
* Older weapons balanced and tweaked
* Six new player models for the new teams
* Five new maps, three old maps tweaked
* Numerical health value re-added, image based health bar nixed
* Loadout menu added, most weapon pickups removed from maps
* Plus a handful and a half of bug fixes

Now, I know what you're saying to yourself RIGHT NOW. "Damn it, the original release was okay, but it had no servers." Fortunately, we have that covered with at least three dedicated, stable servers running right now with a new dedicated server archive released alongside the mod.

For more information on the mod, please visit RagnarokArena.com

Back