ram installation

owww,l watch what u do. I overloaded my motherboard weith ram and brunt out my computer. I am guessing one is for sd and the other is for ddr. With mine I just have 2 slots then another spare. I used this other spare when it was something to do with the flow of the blar blar blar anyway my computer blew up.

On your motherboard theya re 4 ports for ram, they are the

blue
black

blue
black

at the bottom right of that picture

look on your mtoherboard and it will say dimm 1 and dimm 2 next to both the blue and black

i.e. blue = dimm 1
black = dimm 2

You have to find out what memoryu u have ddr or sd, the easiest way to find this out is to try stiuck it in. If it don't fit it isn't suposed to go there. Just make sure u only use 1 set. What I mean by this is that u can not have sd and ddr in at the same time. Also look in your book to see how much ram your computer can handle. I hope this has helped u out. Ow and another thing if u only have 1 stick of ram only use dimm 1.

any other questions ask away. I would check on what I think as well because I am not exactly a computer expert. I put together a a computer for the first time without an instruction book. Its very easy and basiclly u stick all the wires and shit into the sockets theya re suposed to go into. If it don't fit. Then its not suposed to go there. Also look for little text on your motherboard cpu1 = cpu coler wire thingy usb = usb adapter thingy etc...

i have ddr,

blue=dim1=ddr
black =dimm2=sdram?

ddr is blue, so ill have my set up like this

512hyperx
empty

512hpyerx
emptry

is this correct?

To enable dual channel, put it in either dimm1 and 3 or dimm2 and 4. Either will be fine.

lol
This is not a board with both sdram and ddr but rather dual channel memory.
Put the memory where Sgt said.

in other words if you have 2 sticks of paired ram stick them both in the blue slots. You could stick them both in the black slots if you wish.

I was a bit clueless about this dual channel malarky - but I stick two oldish sticks of TwinMOS PC2700 (512) into my new mobo and lo behold dual channel is enabled! Does it make much difference?

I think it only gives about 1-3% performance increase, but I could be mistaken.

what happenes if u install it like this

512 duelies
512 duelies

empty
empty

and not

512 duelies
empty

512 duelies
empty

or

empty
512 duelies

empty
512 duelies

Originally posted by theGreenBunny
I think it only gives about 1-3% performance increase, but I could be mistaken.

You're very mistaken. Dual channel memory is how you attain memory bandwidth from the RAM equal to that of the 800MHz FSB on the Pentium 4. I don't know exact figures, but it's much more than 1-3%.

You have to have 1 stick for each pair of slots.
blue and blue
black and black
or mix and match as long as they arent on the same side.

If they are on the same side then you don't get dual channel memory and it is single.
You cut your memory bandwidth in half.

Single channel = 3.2gb/sec
Dual channel = 6.4gb/sec

800mhz FSB = 6.4gb/sec

I have the P4C800 Deluxe Asus and it looks very similar to your board.
I have 2 512 sticks of pc3200 each one in the blue slots and it is running in dual channel.

is there a way to make shure that its running duel channel through bios or something?

When you boot up, and the computers POST screen shows, it'll say if its running in DC. Or just use SiSoft SANDRA.

abits best mobo out there is the max3, so i called em up, i told em does the board support ram over ddr400? they like no. so im thinking WTF! ARHH!!!!

why have ddr533 when the mobo dont support it. so i wonder can this be for ocing? i dought the p4c800e deluxe support over ddr400 also.

No 32 bit mobo supports above PC3200. When they use DDR 533, its for OCing, basically. When you start to OC with a 1:1 ratio or similar, itll take it above 400mhz.

im glad i never tryed to invest on higher speed ram...
cause if i had a little more money, i would have bought faster ram... then... i wouldve found more problems on the road!

Back