Rammstein

Steven

Reaction score
I downloaded the YTMND soundtrack and found a song by a band called Rammstein which tempted me to download and album called Mutter. Man this band is hard as hell. Anyone else listen to this band? Yeah their songs are mindless but thats not the point of it.

There is a thread 14 threads down that suggests that people do listen to them... :E

Yeah they have some pretty class songs - they aren't mindless though, just in German...If you translate them, some are pretty disturbing - that's why I don't and just headbang along!!!

Saw a MTV show in Europe where they were on with Flamethrowers and that's what attracted my attention first!

Yeah their songs are mindless but thats not the point of it.
Mindless? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Rammstein is not english, they are speaking another language. Just because you don't understand it, it's mindless? Unless you are referring to some other aspect that makes it "mindless". I'm not into metal or rock at all but I do know that Rammstein is German or something.

I'm not going to get into the details of it, but they're not metal. That doesn't stop them from being fantastic, though... well, barring Rosenrot.

Saw a MTV show in Europe where they were on with Flamethrowers and that's what attracted my attention first!
Yup, they're renowned for their awesome pyrotechnics and stage presence when playing live. Seriously, if you've got to see any band play, it should be Rammstein. You'll leave impressed by the music and the f*cking awesome experience.

Yes, they're from East Germany. Their name is either the loose translation of "Battering Ram", a naming after the Ramstein Airshow tragedy, or both.

Yeah, some of their stuff's not bad. David Lynch likes them a lot too which is coo.

I saw a video for Du Hast and it left me scarred for life.

The dude was on stage whipping a giant dick around, and it was spewing a green substance. :|

Mindless? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Rammstein is not english, they are speaking another language. Just because you don't understand it, it's mindless? Unless you are referring to some other aspect that makes it "mindless". I'm not into metal or rock at all but I do know that Rammstein is German or something.

You're just assuming that my basis for saying their songs are mindless is because their German.

hah, yeah I thought no one's heard of them. :|

Maybe three years ago (outside of Germany), when I started listening to them, but by now, just about everybody in North America knows about them.

They've been immensely popular all over Europe for almost a decade now, not just Germany. :)

Abysmal band. My retarded f*cking neighbours listen to them, along with Crazy Frog-style crappy dance, Ibiza reject music, Europop, Sesame Street-esque bopalongs and post-Load Metallica. And yeah, they've been massive for years - I knew about them at least 6 years ago, without ever wanting to.

You're just assuming that my basis for saying their songs are mindless is because their German.
Yes, that was an assumption, as made evident in my post. So if it's not that you can't understand them, why is it?

they really are kind of mindless

the lyrics to "du hast"
You
you have *
you have me
you have asked me
you have asked me and I have said nothing

Do you want, until death seperates you,
to be faithful to her for all days

No

Do you want, until death, which would seperate, **
to love her, even in bad days

No

Yeah, let's translate the words directly to English and completely ignore that the German language isn't built like English.

The american hardcore metal bands who scream at the top of their lungs throughout the song are senseless.

I'm not defending Rammstein here, I'm no fan of metal, but this is an interesting point.

"Du Hast" is a simple song, but it is true that there a lot of nuances that are lost in direct translation. I know many who can attest to that.

they really are kind of mindless

the lyrics to "du hast"
You
you have *
you have me
you have asked me
you have asked me and I have said nothing

Do you want, until death seperates you,
to be faithful to her for all days

No

Do you want, until death, which would seperate, **
to love her, even in bad days

No
I'm sure hast means hate.

I just think it's mindless because of the way it's sung. I personally don't see how you could take their lyrics seriously if their shouting.

wow shit I just realised how skinny my hands are. :O

Rammstein are great.but not everyone will like em, that is for sure. They have a certain something which just rocks. Not pure metal, bit industrial though not in the American definition of industrial rock..err

Just listen to the Mutter album

\m/

Rammstein are great.but not everyone will like em, that is for sure. They have a certain something which just rocks. Not pure metal, bit industrial though not in the American definition of industrial rock..err

Just listen to the Mutter album

\m/
They're generally classified as Industrial Hardcore, and I've got to agree with it.

They're generally classified as Industrial Hardcore, and I've got to agree with it.

I'll take that too :)

From what i heard of Rosenrot D:

Live Aus Berlin is awesome though :dork:

Back