Re-install Windowns After Upgrading?

Urbanleg

Reaction score
Hey.

I just bought a new 2500 Xp barthon and an epox 8rda+ Mobo.

I bought 2 Kingstone 400mhz of 256 memory chips as well.

My question is - Do i have to re-install windows Xp after installing the hardware or XP can take care of the changes alone?

You should reformat if you got a new motherboard, that way if you do have a problem you'll know what it is. It might not even load if you dont format it, atleast it was like that with me.

K thx..

Btw if anyone think not than i would like to hear it

Yes you need to format the hardrive, I just got a similar upgrade and it was necessary.

For me, with an upgrade of motherboard, processor, etc. (Granted, both packages had Asus, AMD), No format was necessary. I guess if you have the time it's safer to format, though.

Win2k and Winxp are wishy washy when it comes to whether or not you need to reformat after you replace the motherboard. Most of the time you do. I've done tons of various motherboard upgrades (probably somewhere between one and two hundred.) and I've only had it work twice. But even if it does work it's not a bad idea simply because any drivers or files left by your old motherboard can interfere with your new one. Anywhoo good luck!

i reformat now and then if i run into huge problems or every upgrade i buy. i dont worry about lost info cause i got a seperate drive just for windows installation

Back