Read this and stop making bullsh*t threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

L33

There are obviously some members here who have an IQ less than 10, and feel it is necessary to start 20 new threads regarding delays, multiplayer, pay 2 play, steam etc.

HERE ARE THE FACTS:
--------------------------

Half Life 2 *WILL* be released on the 30th September 2003. You WILL believe this unless you hear otherwise OFFICIALLY from Valve.

There will be 3 (4 including Special / Limited edition) different versions of HL2 available:

1 - Single player only. Available in certain shops (stores) for a reduced price.

2 - Full version. Single player and multiplayer. Just like HL1, will play mods and online. You buy the game and you play - simple as that. With this version if you wish to buy expansion packs (not mods) you will need to buy them, just like you had to buy Op For and Blueshift for HL1. You will not need to pay a monthly subscription to play online.

3 - Steam version. You pay $9.95 a month. You can play HL2, any mods, and any expansion packs online. You do not need to pay for anything else. This is just like renting the games basically. If you stop paying, you stop playing.

4 - Limited or Special edition. Just like the 'Full version', with some sort of free gift or special box etc. Nothing confirmed as to what it will contain by valve yet.

HL2 will NOT be available over steam before it is in the stores. Gabe has confirmed this. They will both be available 30-sept-03

Steam
-------
Single player: NO. You will not need steam, or an internet connection at all to play HL2 single player. You can still use steam to update and patch etc if you wish. To do this you will need steam and to register with a genuine cd-key.

Internet play: YES. You will need steam for authorisation and update purposes. Steam is taking over from WON for authentication, and is also Valve's new anti-cheat base. You will need steam for ALL internet games.

LAN play: YES. You will need an internet connection to play on a lan. Valve are releasing a utility to allow one machine to be set up as a steam lan server which helps bandwidth problems (lots of people updating from steam all through one internet connection could be very slow).

Feel free to add more...........

I believe Gabe said you could use steam to buy HL2 once, without subscription, so that makes 5 ways to buy it.

Originally posted by L33
There are obviously some members here who have an IQ less than 10, and feel it is necessary to start 20 new threads regarding delays, multiplayer, pay 2 play, steam etc.

Well there is already several threads saying the same thing this one is, so your quite the walking contradiction.

kinda feels wierd a mere headcrab telling us what to do, but ahhwel..

Originally posted by EVIL
kinda feels wierd a mere headcrab telling us what to do, but ahhwel..

post count or title doesn't have anything to do with what you have to say(unless mod,supermod or admin etc.) otherwise we would all have to bow down to the "almighty powers" of GUINNY...which I'm certainly not going to do :p

however I do think it's odd that he complains about multiple threads on the same subject matter...then proceeds to start one himself..hmm?

All very well and good, except Gabe's original message on the pay-to-pay question stated that there would actually be two Steam options. Both the pay-once, get the regular (mod-able) version of the game, or the infamous $9.95/month subscription service.

Stop making these bullsh*t threads about bullsh*t threads longer by posting in them pointlessly ;-)

Originally posted by L33

Half Life 2 *WILL* be released on the 30th September 2003. You WILL believe this unless you hear otherwise OFFICIALLY from Valve.

I ate a good breakfast, so I think my IQ is well above 20 right now. I don't have to believe the 9/30 release date. This is still somewhat of a free Internet. I personally still feel it will be delayed, though I won't dress up as Gordon if I'm wrong. I will be happy to be wrong, however.

Gaming company employees have to toe the company line on release dates until the company lets them say otherwise. Bioware stuck to their guns on a release date for NWN then changed it, and of course everybody on the boards went bezerk.

Thank you for the "be-all, end-all" thread of all threads...lets shut down the forum now that you have rendered it completely useless by your grandiose knowledge and infinite wisdom.

L33, it might be a good idea for you to keep insulting IQ comments to yourself, considering you have terrible grammar and even worse spelling. Despite your obvious misinterpretation, IQ is not an abject cliche'.

(/asshole mode)

Good god the people on these boards are children (no, not everyone). Correcting people when a thread has been repeated, etc. If you don't have anything to contribute to it, then just shut the f-u-c-k up. Honestly, I have NEVER been on a forum that has more dim-witted, mean-spirited, and arrogant contributors.

As for this thread, it may have been repeated, but so what? There are dozens of users logging on every minute looking at info, who probably have NOT seen these previous threads. I do believe the forum trolls that populate this board are under the impression that they represent the majority, and that everyone on here keeps their mouse pointer poised on the refresh button 24/7.

I respect people who start threads like these, for it helps more people in the long run as far as clearing up info goes. If its not in any of the stickies, then people have every right to post whatever they want and not expect to be flamed to hell because of it. I know this won't change any of the demeanors of all the trolls out there, and I'm sure they'll likely respond in backlash; which is to be expected. But you know who you are, whether you want to admit it or not. It doesn't pay to be an asshole on a Half-Life 2 forum.

OK since we are all reliving the past.
Why would i need internet access to runa lan? Has this been "verified"? If so where so I can read more about it. I have monthly lan parties and would need ot know up front.

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away there lived a giant pickle named Bob. Bob was a generally all-around-good-guy but he had one fatal flaw - he was left-handed. Actually, that probably wasn't fatal, and he probably had other flaws, but oh well.

One day, Bob the giant pickle was going along minding his own business when a young lad spotted him and yelled out, "THERE'S A GIANT CUCUMBER HERE!" before fleeing in obvious terror.

Bob was, of course, mortified. He was after all a pickle, not a cucumber. You can imagine his pain and suffering. Well, you can try.

Anywho, Bob decided to go to work at the hotdog factory as usual in spite of this pressing matter that now weighed his spirit down like an uncooked potato mistakenly devoured. His spirit felt like that stomach. Yeah - bad news.

At work, Bob seemed despondent and depressed and he mistakenly threw 3 coworkers into the hotdog grinder machine before he was sent home until he could "work things out". (Of course the plant wasn't shut down. Who can tell what goes into hotdogs anyway?!)

Poor Bob. He decided there was only one thing to do, he would move to France and become a fashion designer.

Tragically, Bob's ship sunk somewhere off the coast of Finland when he accidentally bumped a lever designed for right-handed people. (It WAS a fatal flaw! Who could have guessed?!)

The moral of the story:
There is no moral. I just figured this thread had no point anyway.

Originally posted by Ahnteis
There is no moral. I just figured this thread had no point anyway.

Lmfao...well said, man, well said.

OK since we are all reliving the past.
Why would i need internet access to runa lan? Has this been "verified"? If so where so I can read more about it. I have monthly lan parties and would need ot know up front.

eh...who the hell made u god of forums? *looks around*
lol im just playin, but u cant tell people what to believe.

Originally posted by KiNG
eh...who the hell made u god of forums? *looks around*
lol im just playin, but u cant tell people what to believe.

The Catholic Church has been doin it for thousands of years.

*covers himself in holy water and dances naked*

"It burns, it burns!"

Thanks for clearing things up. I know I'm new but The pay to play option really confused me. Heck since I have DSL connection it shouldn't take to long to download. Then again if thousands upon thousands of people try it will be though.

Originally posted by SGT Tenor
Thanks for clearing things up. I know I'm new but The pay to play option really confused me. Heck since I have DSL connection it shouldn't take to long to download. Then again if thousands upon thousands of people try it will be though.

Yeah---from this, forum Trolls take heed. These posts DO help people. Now say it with me, 'Youuuuuu, arrrrrrrrrrrre, a tard.'

Originally posted by SGT Tenor
'Youuuuuu, arrrrrrrrrrrre, a tard.'

heh LOL

Yeah, I thought about putting the 'I' in there, but I would just be calling myself a tard, which is no good. Better for me to start the insult towards someone than towards me.

god dammit i really hate these threads where people who arent moderators pretend to be, makes me sick.

Originally posted by spitcodfry
Good god the people on these boards are children (no, not everyone). Correcting people when a thread has been repeated, etc. If you don't have anything to contribute to it, then just shut the f-u-c-k up. Honestly, I have NEVER been on a forum that has more dim-witted, mean-spirited, and arrogant contributors.

As for this thread, it may have been repeated, but so what? There are dozens of users logging on every minute looking at info, who probably have NOT seen these previous threads. I do believe the forum trolls that populate this board are under the impression that they represent the majority, and that everyone on here keeps their mouse pointer poised on the refresh button 24/7.

I respect people who start threads like these, for it helps more people in the long run as far as clearing up info goes. If its not in any of the stickies, then people have every right to post whatever they want and not expect to be flamed to hell because of it. I know this won't change any of the demeanors of all the trolls out there, and I'm sure they'll likely respond in backlash; which is to be expected. But you know who you are, whether you want to admit it or not. It doesn't pay to be an asshole on a Half-Life 2 forum.

Your respect is sorely misplaced. Look at the title of the thread, look at the language he uses. What need is there to include insulting comments? He obviously didnt start this thread as a public service. Cant you see the contradiction? He started the thread so that others would stop posting the repeated information you would otherwise appreciate. The title, the introduction and the presentation were all made deliberately derogatory, and this behaviour ears your respect? He was asking for a flame and he got one, however immature that thinking may be.

That’s nice and all, but its also kind of disrespecting to the mods of this forum that obviously according to him aren’t doing their job very well.

I am sure the mods know when things get out of hand and will react to that. I am sure they will warn everyone about not doing this. So that would make this whole thread kind of pointless. I am going to request this thread being closed because it will lead into further argument’s that have nothing to do with this, and make the experience on this forum for other members unpleasant. Well.. I am off to bed, Catch yah later all.

Oh my....I found a pointless thread....I wonder if munro or any of them will get mad at me for hijacking this thread :bounce:

Thread was reported to me.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back