Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Logitech

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Zyphria

Reaction score
Not to be confused with the *other* thread about optical mice....my Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer optical mouse has almost died on me....after about five million or so clicks. It has been with me for nearly three whole years. Amazing. I think it is the oldest part of my entire computer rig.

So...the questions:

1. Microsoft or Logitech. Microsoft makes a solid mouse....but I'd like to hear from anyone who has either had a Logitech for a good long while (over a year of regular use) and your experience.

2. Light-weight wireless mice. I've received two Microsoft Blue Wireless mice in the last few months as gifts and each time they've gone to less fortunate individuals because I found the mouse to be too darn heavy! Silly isn't it, until you try fragging for three hours straight. So are there any decent mice out there that are wireless and light weight (one triple A battery, or maybe even two triple A's). I've heard Logitech offers a rechargable one...is that worth the price?

3. BlueTooth wireless mice. Only heard about Microsofts in this area. I also noticed a definite reduction in accuracy with the Microsoft Blue wireless mouse, is the BlueTooth model far more accurate?

4. Dual-Optical Mice: This is the Logitech area. Any comments? More accurate?

5. Any word on when the tilt-wheel mice will be available? Not sure this one is going to last that much longer. Also, anyone know if any of the MS tilt-wheel mice will have the #4 and #5 mice buttons on the side like the IntelliMouse explorer? I noticed that the Microsoft Blue mice lost this feature.

6. Anything else? Is there any true competition for Mice between Logitech and MS? I'm talking quality here. I want a mouse that will last me at least two years, preferably without doing regular maintenance (which I avoided until quite recently with my IntelliMouse explorer.

Thanks for the feedback in advance!

Well... I have recently switched from a MS cordless optical mouse to Logitech with cord (last week)... In terms of accuracy, its alot better. And as an afterthought, coordless isnt very good. The MS mouse had a tendancy to conserve batteries when not being moved, meaning you just run in a game, then try to move, it wont move... One have to either click or shake it really much. Not good at all, as it pissed me off sometimes :) Concerning design... I'm unused to the Logitech mouse. Its much lighter and a bit smaller (MX 500 I think its name is). Need to use it for a few months. Currently I like MS design better.

One thing I did notice was that RTCW: ET played ALOT smoother. ALOT. Before it was all jerky. Just changing the mouse seemed to triple framerates (it didnt, just made it smoother). I know mice can cause that, I have seen several others note it...

Cant say anything on the rest though.

Logitech has always been my favorite.

Seems smoother and more accurate than a simliar microsoft model.

Originally posted by SidewinderX143
Microsoft IntelliMouse is where it's at.

Complete agreement, even though I hate everything about Microsoft, I have to admit that its the best mouse I've owned. Also I'm predomintely a Mac user and they have beautiful mice...and yes only one button!

I have always been a Logitech fan. My MX500 is better than any othe corded optical mouse :)...

Originally posted by NYHoustonman
I have always been a Logitech fan. My MX500 is better than any othe corded optical mouse :)...

If it was as big as the dual optical then it would be the perfect mouse. Anyway, Logitech will come with a new line in October, November perhaps???

I like the feel of a rollyball mouse. I have a microsoft intellipoint I think, and I find it much more accurate and the cursor far less 'slippery' than an optical. Sure, I have to clean it every month or so, but so what. I like the analog feel of it- it's like playing a real instrument as opposed to an electric one, sure the electric one plays more accurate notes, but the analog you can feel and control better. (har - at least I think so...)

God i LOVE my MX500. It is THE most comfortable and feature loaded mouse. I program the back and forward arrows to show the map and show the spawn screen on BF. Then i make another button for my voice comm.

Back