REAL TF2 screenie

i didnt know their engine could do graphics like that. it looks like its from The Incredibles :D

That's ****ing awesome, reminds me of...evil genius :)

i like the way it's on the same page as the rest of the tf2 screens from 1999

uh wth did they use the same textures from tfc 1.6 or what???

Edit: i forgot about the one in 99

pleasantly surprising tbh. it looks like pixar made it, its that kind of style isnt it

That shot has made my week.

It's like Pixar meets FF7; with some gi joe, cannon fodder, and spy vs spy chucked in. Just reading that cocktail makes me cream my pants - turning in into a class based fps makes my head explode!

I like the cartoonish style. And it looks like there will be quite a lot of classes, cool. Can't wait for more info / screens / vids.

i thought TF2 looked far better than this, ive seen a pic somewhere else and the GFX are not like the HL Source disaster, wtf are they doing?

There going for different Artful Directions, With the Film Grain for DOD:S to make it look more older, Counter-strike is pretty much just realistic, seein Pixar-Film like graphics in games is truly beautiful.

Makes me think, They dropped a hint in the back of my Half-life 2 box :p

Graphics - Source’s shader-based renderer, like the one used at Pixar to create movies such as Toy Story® and Monster's, Inc.®, creates the most beautiful and realistic environments ever seen in a video game.

haha

I was skeptical about this choice of art direction at first, but now I'm a convert.

I love the style, and it distinguishes itself from all the other titles attempting ultra-realistic visuals. Even the original TF2, while looking sweet, seemed amiss with its military theme. Can't wait to see it all in action. And hopefully it doesn't turn off too many people. TF has always been cartoony to a degree.

Good seeing all the classes back!

I think I'm going to get into TF2 when it comes out this time. Only liked the team games (like escaping from bases) from the first, and even then can't find them anymore.

Looks like concept art?

Nope, it's rendered by the engine for sure (if the DoF is actually in game remains to be seen). Look closely and you can see the 'shadow bug' of overlapping shadows that darken eachother. So it's 'in-engine' at the very least.

Nope, it's rendered by the engine for sure (if the DoF is actually in game remains to be seen). Look closely and you can see the 'shadow bug' of overlapping shadows that darken eachother. So it's 'in-engine' at the very least.
And you can clearly see the vertices on the arms of the guy in the middle.

Anywho, I for one love this style. It's so good to see games taking a more refreshing artistic approach to the visuals. Plus, I'm a sucker for anything that looks remotely cel-shaded :D

Did you ever play that? I only ever plyed the demo and it seemed pretty cool - worth getting?

I have it and i played it forever. Dunno the game seemed broken at times. Could be just a noob tho.

I 100% love the cartoon look. Amazing. Looks like a movie! Can't wait.

To me it looks like concept art - but it isn't, so those graphics look stunning. :D

This title is going to absolutely rule. Can't wait to see it in action. It almost seems like a third person view would work best judging from those graphics.

I love the style, and how they made each class very unique, unlike the everybody in camo style of TFC.

But my biggest hope is that this unrealistic style means they've gone back to classic TF gameplay, which originally they were planning on changing.

Completely exaggerated physics is the way to go with TF2. Rocket jumps and concussion grenade jumping galore. The art style definitely suits that type of gameplay. I doubt they're going to go with this crazy cartoon art style but have realistic physics.

Back