Recruting for Evil Reincarnated

Lord Vipes

Reaction score

Main Story:

U.N.S.A just "found out" that on of their main headquarters, on Europa that something happened to the crew. U.N.S.A. hired an elite marine team to check things out. As soon as they were reaching Mars, their Hawkin was shot down by the defense grid. With the pilot severely wounded, and the mechanic dead the only choice they had was to go in. The hanger doors opened, and Viper Squadron went in. The power fluxurated as soon as the hanger doors closed and locked. The power failed and all that was heard was the screaming of your comrades and the screeching of an unknown intenty. The power came on and there were 3 bodes there, torn to bits, but 2 other marines were missing.

About:

Evil Reincarnated is a FPS horror game. Players will be Thomas Jakob, a marine stranded on Europa in the U.N.S.A. main Headquarters. The player will have to fight to survive, and find allies that somehow were resistant to the attack. They do play a crutral part in the game, and if the player kills them, well its gona be harder.

Online Gametypes of Evil Reincarnated:

- Co-Op: (2-4 players) Play the campaign with your friends!

- Deathmatch: (2-32 players) Frag your friends, or enemies! (If DM maps are outside, there are vehicles)

- Team Deathmatch: (2-32 players) Team up with your friends for glory! (If DM maps are outside, there are vehicles)

- One Flag Capture The Flag: (2-32 players) The flag is in the middle of the map. Try to take it back to your base before your opponents do! (If CTF maps are outside, there are vehicles)

- Zombie: (3-32 players) First one dead is a Zombie. Zombies have chainsaws. So watch out, when it kills you, your a zombie too! (If DM maps are outside, there are vehicles)

- Demonic Invasion: (2-32 players) Fight off the hordes of demons and zombies! (If DM maps are outside, there are vehicles)

Weapons of Evil Reincarnated:

- Flashlight

- Ionized Plasma Levitator (aka The Grabber)

- Pistol

- Machine Gun

- Shotgun

- Double Barrel Shotgun

- Plasma Gun

- Chain Gun

- Flamer

- Rocket Launcher

- Dark Matter Gun (aka DMG)

- Chainsaw

- Frag Gernade

- Flashbang Gernade

Demons of Evil Reincarnated

- Nebri

- Agnu

- Demguard

- Sencri

- Ligarii

- Gargath

- Unithi

Different Homes for Evil Reincarnated:

UT2k4: Some documentation done, friend of mine told me to wate for UT3 and make it for UT3

UT3: Most documentation done, very few scriptors if any.

HL2: Its recent home. Mappers plentiful, and so are scriptors.

Completed Stuff:

Weapon Design Documentation

Demon Design Documentation

Gametype Design Documentation

Weapon Sounds

Work-In-Progress Stuff:

Weapon Models

Demon Comsept Art

Ambeonic Sound

Demon Sound

Vehicle Design Documentation

Need To Be Started Stuff:

Boss Design Documentation

Scripting

And more I cant think of

I did all of the sound, and most of the Design Documentations.

I am looking for:

Scriptors

Texture Artists

Mappers

Animators

Idea Creators

Links and Contact:

Jagged Edge Website

Jagged Edge Forum

Jagged Edge's ModDB Page

Evil Reincarnated's ModDB Page

You may contact me at: [email protected]

I would like to add more, but I want to see if anyone scriptors, animators, mappers, and/or texture artist will join before I do.

I am an experienced artist and I am interested in being a concept artist for this.

Alright, can you do the Demons?

I sent 2 pms that include the Demon Doc.

Alright. I will put up more now.

- Added Evil Reincarnated's Banner

- Added Demon Names

Oh and by the way, that is not the moon, but it is A moon, Europa to be exact!

- Banner now links to Evil Reincarnated's ModDB Page

- Made first post more professional

- Added About

- Added gametypes

- Added Links & Contact

- Limit reached until someone else joins

Your mod is too ambitious, to the point of being completely impossible. Tune it down a bit.

For example, shooting for TEN game types is way over the top. Most mods that try for more than ONE never get released.

Doom 3, much?

-Angry Lawyer

No... Why the hell cant Doom be the only Zombie/Demon Shooter?

Your mod is too ambitious, to the point of being completely impossible. Tune it down a bit.

For example, shooting for TEN game types is way over the top. Most mods that try for more than ONE never get released.

Will do! Only Co-Op, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, One Flag Capture The Flag, Zombie, and Demonic Invasion are left. Or is 6 still too much?

I was reading back over this and saw it says "homes" include Source, UT3, and UT2k4. Are you really making the same mod on multiple engines or are you just undecided on which you're using?

Will do! Only Co-Op, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, One Flag Capture The Flag, Zombie, and Demonic Invasion are left. Or is 6 still too much?

Well, like I said, most mods that try for more than one end up canceled. If you're going for JUST multiplayer things, then it may be okay, because the art assets all carry over. However, the 'campaign' would require a lot more (active story, voice work, scripting, etc).

If you're doing the coding yourself and think you can do that many game modes, go for it. I personally would shoot for doing one perfectly (Especially if it was unique!) and then branch out to another from there.

I was reading back over this and saw it says "homes" include Source, UT3, and UT2k4. Are you really making the same mod on multiple engines or are you just undecided on which you're using?

No that is the different games that it WAS home to. It was going to be for UT2k4, but a friend of mine told me to do it for UT3 instead. Bad choice. No coders at all for it, or that wanna help me. So I went over to HL2 after months of looking for a UT3 coder.

Well, like I said, most mods that try for more than one end up canceled. If you're going for JUST multiplayer things, then it may be okay, because the art assets all carry over. However, the 'campaign' would require a lot more (active story, voice work, scripting, etc).

Im working on the script as we speak

If you're doing the coding yourself and think you can do that many game modes, go for it. I personally would shoot for doing one perfectly (Especially if it was unique!) and then branch out to another from there.

Alright, but storymode first. The multiplayer games will be added in patches I guess. But I cant code. Thats why im looking for a coder. But I would gladly learn too! Since I head SDK coding is easer than UT3 Script

Well seeing as I am a good writer, I will write a story instead of doing the script. So, when I am done, I will need someone to turn it into my game script. And if your thinking you will have to buy the story, YOUR WRONG! When it is done, I'll put it on the web for free. So who is willing to convert my story (when it is finished) into the game script?

Crap. Seeing as you can not edit day old posts... here is an update

Flashlight: Just your basic everyday flashlight. Nothing special to see here.

Ionized Plasma Levitator: A weapon fresh from U.N.S.A.'s lab. It can fling anything near by, may it be a projectile, or on the ground at anything by using Plasma. The Plasma charge does not last long, but it automatically recharges. It has a built in device to enshroud the user in a Plasma bubble to protect him/her from harm.

Pistol: Your standard weapon. Given by U.N.S.A. for protection, it can fire normally, or fire three bullets in a shout burst.

Machine Gun: This Machine Gun is the latest in the U.N.S.A.'s arsenal. It comes with an optional scope, or directly linked to your helmet for even more precise shooting. The Machine Gun also doubles as a Sniper Rifle.

Shotgun: Good for clearing out rooms in a hurry, this shotgun can carry explosive rounds. The rounds penetrate the the target, then explode, causing additional damage.

Double Barrel Shotgun: This weapon would make any hunter happy. When fired, the barrels retract into the gun. Has an Auto Pump feature, which make the barrels fire, retract into the gun, and fire again, faster than it normally would.

Plasma Gun: The Portable Plasma Rifle was invented in 2142 by researchers from U.N.S.A. for use of the Military. It fires blue and red balls of plasma. The blue plasma, is the coolest and the weakest, but causes no stress to the gun. The red plasma, is the hottest, and the strongest. It uses over twice the amount of plasma as the blue, and requires a longer cool down.

Chain Gun: Big, bulky, and strong. This behemoth comes in at almost 70 lbs. It has two different speeds. Normal speed fires a good quality of bullets with resinable accurateness. The Hyper speed fires loads of bullets, with very little accurateness. Your choice.

Flamer: Good for people who want their enemies crispy. It fires ignited propane at a steady pace. It can also build up the propane, creating a ball of fire.

Rocket Launcher: The rocket launcher is the most likely weapon that you could kill yourself with. Lock on rockets are optional, and highly recommended.

Dark Matter Gun: The Dark Matter Gun is a highly experimental gun, with a lot of bugs in its system. It is the first gun in history to use Dark Matter. The gun can overload very easily, causing it to explode. The Dark Matter will dissolve any organic material, and badly damage metal.

Chainsaw: This is not your ordinary Chainsaw. It was designed for combat use, and has 3 blades. The Middle blade lashes out and constricts the victim, reeling him/her to the other two blades, causing instant death.

Frag Grenade: An explosive, capsule like grenade. Be careful where you throw it, it may come rolling to your feet.

Flashbang Grenade: A blinding and defining capsule like grenade. It flashes a bright light, blinding the victims, while the high pitched sound deafens them.

And that is THE whole arsenal of this game.

Oh yea, forgot to mention my position in this mod:

Sound

Leader

Idea Creator

I will be away for a while, writeing the story. Since im most conferable when im writeing, and im good at it too.

Expect to hear from me again in 3 to 6 months.

The First Evil Reincarnated that will be releced, will only have Storymode and Zombie. Others may be added during patches. There will hopefully be 10 vehicles, 5 for the Humans, and 5 for the Demons.

Davion said:
Take a small chunk of what you have and concentrate on that; put all the rest off to the side. It's hard but you've got to bite the bullet and maybe only have Demonic Invasion, two guns, one demon model and a vehicle, but it's easier to swallow and won't take you two years to do in your spare time.

Thats what Im hopeing to do first. I have chosen the two guns, The machine gun and the Ionized Plasma Levitator. The demon that will be is Nebri, and the vehicle that will be available is the Skimmer. My Demon Consept Artist is working on Nebri, and my moddler is working on the Machine gun and the IPL.

I was hopeing to do something like that. But in the first post, I was just posting what I hope will be in when the whole experience is over.

Hopefuly when my consept artist is done with Nebri, someone can model him, skin him and rig him (well not the same person, i hope) Then if he is good with vehicles, my consept artist will work on the Skimmer, and the main player. I will "try" to import one of my UT2k4 maps into Hammer... let's see how that goes.

Alright Time for another update:

- Co-Op has been taken out

- Meele in back is not a one hit kill or considered a "slient" kill

I don't know what or who DaveL is, and I probely don't wanna know... But back on topic please.

OK here is my comment. The core of this game (or any mod) is the programming aspect (or as you call it scripting.. ugh). Coming up with weapons, all these ideas for vehicles, enemies and a bunch of game types is meaningless without knowing programmers who can make it happen for you (or more importantly if it's even possible from a engine limitation standpoint). This is the BIGGEST stumbling block to modders. Mappers and Modelers start mods all the time, developing huge ideas, only to find out that they can't get the programmers needed to start the work. That's not to say it's impossible, but you start from a disadvantaged point of view. Especially with a first-time mod maker at the helm.

In my opinion it's a mistake to post a whole tonne of game-design ideas without some plan in place in terms of getting the code written. If you shoot too high, you have to retract and say "Oh we can't do this, or that". It's also a bad idea to layout entire lists of weapons etc so far in advance. You can't possibly know which weapons are going to be balanced for your game-play until you can actually get 2 players on a server and start playing the game a bit.

A better approach would be to start with a general design doc. What's the premise, backstory? What is the environment like? What are the main points to your game-play? How will each team win the game (in a Multi-player game)? What are the things a player playing this game will be able to experience that they can't find elsewhere? (why play your mod when there are 5 others just like it?)

Starting with these generalities will provide you the space you need to develop your idea and not set expectations on what your finished game will look like.

Hope that helps...

Thanks. Why couldn't someone say that before...

To be honest, a lot of modders don't know. They also don't feel that perhaps they know better than anyone else. Modding isn't a situation where you have 'professional' modders. You may have 'pros' working in the modding community, but generally it's hobbyists.

My biggest piece of advice to a potential modder is JOIN AN EXISTING TEAM..

Here's why.

- You get experience of working with other modders.
- You get to see how a mod is run (right or wrong) and this will help when you do your own.
- You make contacts in the modding world which will be incredibly valuable
- You get to help make something and build a portfolio without having to worry about the details of running the mod
- You stand a better chance of seeing a finished product, hundreds of mods are started a year, each year about 10 are released. That should give you an idea of your mods success out of the gate.

Plus your idea is going to be there in a year when you finish the project you are working on and the experience and knowledge you will have gained will be your largest asset.

Right now, I am kinda with Age of Chivalry. Good mod btw. I wrote the lyrics for a song that they will use in a trailer, or as the theme song! ^.^ Here it is:

King's Wrath

We never surrender,
We fight thru the night,
Never giving up hope

Come on grab your sword,
Our king is the chosen one

Fighting till the end,
All the time we spend,
For our king

Come on grab your sword,

Opposing forces cower in fear,
Of our kings mighty fist,
For he is the chosen one

Come on grab your sword,

Fighting till the end,
All the time we spend,
For our king

Come on grab your sword,

We never surrender,
We fight thru the night,
Never giving up hope

Come on grab your sword,

Fighting till the end,
All the time we spend,
For our king

Come on grab your sword,

What we are fighting for is honor,
Opposing forces in our grasps,
It is time for our king?s wrath

Come on grab your sword,

Come on grab your sword,

Fighting till the end,
All the time we spend,
For our king

Come on grab you sword,
We will fight till the end,

Fighting till the end,
All the time we spend,
For our king

Come on grab you sword,
We will fight till the end!

I can't make heads or tails of that poem. If it's a poem, it's too repetitive, and if it's a song then what is the tune?

Back