Registering HL2:CE on Steam

G

Guid

If I register HL2:CE on steam, should I be able to play all the games on the back catalog(CS:CZ, DoD,etc.) and DoD source when it comes out? I'll probably go with the silver edition if I can't.

cojawfee said:
Back catalogue and DoD Source is Steam only.

Do you mean I can still get them through Steam (with the CE key), or do you mean I get them only if I get the Silver or Gold edition?

It would truly suck if the only extra game that you'll get form the CE is HL:Source.

Guid said:
Do you mean I can still get them through Steam (with the CE key), or do you mean I get them only if I get the Silver or Gold edition?

It would truly suck if the only extra game that you'll get form the CE is HL:Source.

If you register a HL1 CD key you will get the back catalog anyways. (You can still get it in stores for 10 bucks if you don't have it). I am sure Steam will let you purchase DoD: Source stand alone when it comes out. They aren't going to turn down your money.

Edit: and they may just reward you for buying the CE version and give it to you for free. I doubt I will be playing DoD: source anyways with all the great mods and the free content Valve is going to send our way through steam. "nVidia Levels" :)

It's just too bad I have the silver and i'm still getting the retail copy. :D

InvaderScooge said:
If you register a HL1 CD key you will get the back catalog anyways. (You can still get it in stores for 10 bucks if you don't have it). I am sure Steam will let you purchase DoD: Source stand alone when it comes out. They aren't going to turn down your money.

Edit: and they may just reward you for buying the CE version and give it to you for free. I doubt I will be playing DoD: source anyways with all the great mods and the free content Valve is going to send our way through steam. "nVidia Levels" :)

No you only get what you bought, with silver/gold u get cs:cz, cs:cz deleted scenes and HL1 with all official mods.
With cs retail, dod retail or cs:cz retail u only get acces to CS, dod or CS:CZ depending on what you bought.

CE doesn;t seem to have the back catalog , probebly because if they advertised that on the CE box, people might expect/demand it on cd's and not as a extra download option.
But Maybe you still get the back catalog but its not advertised that way.

Those of you who bought the CE already, could you try registering it on Steam and report back all the games that appear under "My Games" on Steam, please. I need this info to make my decision on wheter or not to get the CE. Thanks in advance.

Back