[REL] dod_rive_rc3

Furyo

Reaction score
Finally, 18 months after I originally started on this map, it's time to release it.... You may have known this map as a gloomy, foggy village, yet the only way to finally deliver on the gameplay I set out to create was to revamp the map entirely.

Map contains 32 spawnpoints, a minimap, HDR and was compiled with final settings. I'm constantly running in between 95 and 220 FPS throughout the map, on a ncore2 duo and 8800 GTS.

----------====== [ dod_rive ] ======----------
Mission Brief

This is early September 1944. The Allied offensive just crushed the Axis in Paris.
The Germans are short on resources and desperately trying to retreat and regroup.
A small faction of Wehrmacht soldiers are trying to hold
Rive down to slow the Allied advance...

U.S. Army: Eradicate the Germans from the town and march on to Germany!
Wehrmacht: Hold off the Allied advance at all costs!
----------------------------------
Credits:
Level Design: Francois "Furyo" Roughol
Additional models and textures: Pedroleum

Many thanks to:
Pedroleum
Friends at Valve
Fuzzdad
qUiCkSiLvEr
and all the beta testers on this map.

Have fun !

Download links (mirrors welcome):

Dodfrance: http://www.dodfrance.com/telechargements/103/dodriverc3.html
ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/games/day-of-defeat-source/addons/rive-rc3

Screenshots thanks to dodfrance.com (click on them for larger size)

That looks fantastic! What game is it for? DOD?

Yep, Day of Defeat. Only put it in the thread title, should have repeated that in the post :)

are your from mapcore.net ? ..they've got some good mappers there .. shhhs : D
Looks great! I like the lighting.

-dodo

Mapcorian for close to 3 years now ;) Is your avatar the name I should know you as? Cause I know a certain IR in Amsterdam :)

nice job, very nice :)

also on mapcore my name is SpicyTanuki

Mapcorian for close to 3 years now ;) Is your avatar the name I should know you as? Cause I know a certain IR in Amsterdam :)
Nah, i work with IR, but i was registered there as "Felix"... but i lost my password and getting it back doesnt work... : )

-dodo

Ah yeah Felix, I remember your other bloody avatar and the name. I'll get that password reset for you :)

Back