Remember the movies?

Slash

Reaction score
Remember how we got all those awesome movies off Steam? Remember how they were supposed to give us more once Steam was stablized?

Well, Steam appears quite Stable now, as far as bandwith useage goes.

I think it's time for you email whores to bug Valve because I think they forgot about them. And imagine the good PR it will give them. A lot more people are using Steam now than back then, so I'm sure everyone will say "Wow! This is awesome!" and tell their non-steam friends.

yep yep

My bet is that they're too busy working on getting the SDK released though... oh well.

Looks like nothing till then..

I wish they would start relasing some stuff. I guess the SDK will have to hold most of us over untill they eitehr release some vids/pics or, maybe even, the final build.*hush falls over the crowd*

Well the movies was taken off steam about the same time the leak was published, so they prolly wont be back untill they wanna start hyping us again... And since there is yet any real hype its a bad sign it coing out closer than at least 3 months from now. They where shooting at a march release right?

Anyways I still have the bink files saved and yes they still rox0r :d

I just watched the traptown one again recently... definitely not as impressive as it once was... I think they'll need to give us something NEW... yeah... that sounds good...

I'd at least like something to talk about that doesn't in any way revolve around "teh l34k"

but the leak is probbably the reason we're not getting any new media

We got a game to play... so maybe they think thats enough

But its not fair to the people who didnt actually download it...

Letters said:
I just watched the traptown one again recently... definitely not as impressive as it once was... I think they'll need to give us something NEW... yeah... that sounds good...
It still gets me wet

I don't need to watch it, I've got all the good parts memorized.

i figure they should follow their priorities my guess would be
SDK
get most of hl2 fisnished up
hype
final touches

steam would fit in their somewhere, and the hype might come 6 months before release.
hl was put off more than a year, so a bleak outlook will result in a less broken heart and a happier suprise. : /

I think that, perhaps, they might be making a couple more movies...

Maybe with more DX9 stuff...

Don't watch the movies. I made myself ill today, binked to death. I had abstained for a couple of months, but when I saw the title of this thread I just couldn't resist. And it's painfull. To see it in glorious motion, picking up the insane little details, like the reflections in the green rifle scope that actually move, the powerlines accurately swaying from the exhaust of the combine ship. Sweet jeebus. So don't watch. Cleanse your mind of all memory of HL2 and you will be much happier.

Letters said:

I watched the movies the other day and I actually realised how impressive they actually are.

I really can't wait.

I lost all the movies in a "Cataclysmic system failure" as windows so appropriately put it. All I have now is the DX9 demo which is pretty much pointless.

The only movie I want to see now is the strider clip in fullscreen bink formatt. Other than that I don't want to see much more of the game untill I play it.

I can't wait till the hype machine starts up again, i miss those threads that were like, "With source could we... pose alex... naked?" then replys like, "OMG that would be HAWT" "I wanna see Gordon like that" "My dad hits me" "I wonder if we could make her a foot shorter and put her in a school girl outfit, to fill my sick sick desires"

mrchimp said:
I lost all the movies in a "Cataclysmic system failure" as windows so appropriately put it. All I have now is the DX9 demo which is pretty much pointless.

The same thng thing happened to me but I d\l them all again.

RandomPING said:
I can't wait till the hype machine starts up again, i miss those threads that were like, "With source could we... pose alex... naked?" then replys like, "OMG that would be HAWT" "I wanna see Gordon like that" "My dad hits me" "I wonder if we could make her a foot shorter and put her in a school girl outfit, to fill my sick sick desires"

just the idea of such things is scary.

Sprafa said:
just the idea of such things is scary.

You think that's scary, just think about what some people are actually going to do that they wouldn't talk about on here once the SDK comes out. Poor poor female models, the things they'll be subjected to.

the «...put her in a school girl outfit, to fill my sick sick desires.» part was really nasty. But I guess it's true since some guys still watch X-tina's «Dirrty» vid because of that, even that the maxim pics are widely available in the Web ( even pics from the photo shoot were leaked)

It's not sick it's "innovative" You gotta use all the right buzz words! Personally I don't get much from digital stuff on the screen, but I find poorly modded nudity very funny. I played Tomb Raider 2 with the nude patch for a while simply cause it added soo much more humor to the game, for me at least. Back when boobs in a 3D game ment a sharp cone sticking out of the characters chest, those were the days.

Who's X-Tina anyway?

They could not release any movies durirng their court case (when they were sued by havok and the sound company) im sure we will start seeing new media now that the case has been settled

NC|7 said:
They could not release any movies durirng their court case (when they were sued by havok and the sound company) im sure we will start seeing new media now that the case has been settled
I'm glad you just made up something and made it sound like fact. That was really cool. :thumbs:

Nah it wasn't the Havok team. It was the Alien's that sued Valve for leaking info about them before the time was right.

Back