Resident Evil 4!

Dog--

The Freeman
Reaction score
THIS IS THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY F***ING LIFE!

I bought this game yesterday, and the only time I stopped playing is to sleep, and go to school. I love this game soo much, this is the best game ever.

I bought the premium edition:

- Tin Case
- Making of RE4 DVD
- "Ada Wong" Laser Cell
- Resident Evil Prologue (Just a book that tells you the story thorugh the whole series (RE: Zero, RE 1, RE 2, RE 3, RE: Veronica, RE4)
- RE4 Game

This is my new favorite game.

Of all time.

I just started the castle level (Acually I just got out of the sewer in the castle), so hints are appreciated (Puzzle tips, Shooting Tips, Weapon Choice Tips, ect...)

prepare the sniper rifle
EDIT:and get ready to play whiout weapons

and if you think things will get easy YOU ARE WRONG!

I know they'll get hard, I had ABSOLUTELY NO ammo left when I had to protect Ashley when she was doin that cranking thing in the castle. And I started with 147 for pistol, 140 for TMP, and 14 for shotgun, I ended up with 3 for shotgun left. I had the rifle with scope, but I sold it, it was to useless for me at the time. I suped up my TMP to max (well, as far as it can go right now), my TMP is my main gun, which is why I never have ammo for it, once I get ammo I use it. (It has a stock)

Firepower - 1.0
Reload Time - 1.36 (Estimate)
Clip Capacity - 100
Fire Rate - Full (It's a machine gun, I can't level it up.)

I love TMP! <3

I never used the TMP, but my friend swears by it. By the time the final boss fight came around, I only had to fire three shots to win. I had the Riot Gun maxed out, so one shot to the eye would bring out the main eye. Then I took out the rpg, then the last shot was the special rpg that ada gives you.

You shouldn't have sold that rifle, every bit ammo is precious. From the sound of things, you're not using your knife enough. Aim for the legs (with pistol single shot), then slash them to death while they're on the ground. In groups maybe you should use grenades more, overall try to save as much ammo as possible. Also, don't focus on just improving one weapon, try to get as much bang for you buck by spreading it around. I'd recommend sticking with the Red-9 pistol, the "special" upgrade is definately worth it in the long run.

I'm thinking of getting this game. Would you guys reccomend it for the ps2?

If you can get the game on any system, its definitely worth getting it on a console. Preferably GameCube, but the PS2 version comes with an additional 4-5 hour single player campaign.

Weapons you should always have (Coming from a person who has played it through 4 times). A pistol (preferably beefed up, Red 9 is the best choice), shotgun (Riot gun is your best, so don't bother with the jackhammer) and the TMP. Later on in the castle (Unless you have already gone past it :O) is to get the free broken butterfly when you free Ashley, takes a small bit of backtracking but it's well worth it.

Also, glad ya like it :D

It depends whether you want a few extra tree's and effects or an additional gameplay (approx 4-5 hours like Sparta said).

Personally I'd say go with the PS2, the additional campaign helps fill out the story and explains some of the events.

I still need to get that huge book that chronicles and explain every facet of Resident Evils story..
If only I could remember what it's called, if anyone does, please tell me <3

Gargantou said:
I still need to get that huge book that chronicles and explain every facet of Resident Evils story..
If only I could remember what it's called, if anyone does, please tell me <3

I'm pretty sure it was only in Japan, unfortunately it was also limited over there. Still, some good places - www.rehorror.com (whole damn timeline) and wikipedia.org (still a lot of good info) and check the capcom site (this has something called Wesker's report...interesting read)

Now you guys remind me of how much i loved Resident Evil 4 :)

Yeah, Resi 4 is pretty awesome. But that still didn't stop it being a big letdown.

I'm planning to start playing the game where I left off again, in the sewers fighting that kid's "right hand." I was so dumb when I first did it and didn't think to use my RPG when he was frozen.

VictimOfScience said:
There will be soon.

Here's the press release.

Play.com has the RE4 PC release set at April 28, 2006. A little patience is all that's required now. :cheers:
Episode 1 and Res Evil on the same day, cool. I'll defenatly check this game out, if not straight away, a bit after it come out.

The Red 9 is good? I got the one pistol (I forgot what it's called, not the broken butterfly, punisher, pistol, or red 9, the other one thats available at the castle level.. I wish I could remember...).

And I use my knife ALL THE TIME, I don't even bother shooting out their legs, I just shank 'em when they get close... And I don't max out one gun. I rebought the rifle w/ scope, I now have:

- TMP (Almost Fully Upgraded, 1 more level on firepower and 2 more on reload time, and 2 more on capacity.)

- The One Pistol (Damn I wish I could remember the name!!!!!)

- Rifle w/ Scope

- Shotgun (The one you find in the village.)

I use flash grenades like crazy, El Giganto's are easily beaten with flash grenades. Hand grenades on groups of cultists is good too. I think I'm coming up to the castle boss, because I just got of the 2nd train car.

Oh ya, if you buy the PS2 Premium Edition you get the whole Resident Evil Series "Prologue". (It's a little book that comes with the game telling you everything in the RE series)

Resident Evil 4 is my new favorite game (Until Oblivion probably)

P.S. Playing as Ashley sucks ass.

Ohh, you mean the Punisher? That's pretty good, but the Red9 is pretty amazing. The Blacktail is the best overall though.

And yeah, I told you it was amazing.

one thing I always wanted to know but never tryed

what hapens if you shoot the salesman?

The Salesman dies, I shot him in the head with a shotgun. :D He falls down and doesn't even drop anything... D:

The Punisher sucks, I was talking about the Blacktail - thats the one I couldn't remember.

Blacktail is my best pistol so far.

Blacktail might be neck-to-neck with Red9 until the final special upgrade, then the Red9 outclasses it by a mile.

Thing is, Red9 special ability gives it like 30-40% extra firepower compared to the final Blacktail. Blacktails beats it in fire rate, reload and clip size but Red 9 wins in firepower. In the end, all that matters is firepower since that extra 30-40% damage will save you ammo.

Ashley's solo segment are pretty short and it's ridiculously easy, well to be honest the whole game was easy...just that hers was even easier.

The Red 9 is easily the best pistol. Full upgraded its more powerful than the standard street-sweeper shotgun (forgot the name of it)

I must say though, playing it through on professional for the first time in the 'cube version is freaking INTENSE. The first scene in the village left me so shaken up I couldn't do anything for the rest of the day.

JNightshade said:
I must say though, playing it through on professional for the first time in the 'cube version is freaking INTENSE. The first scene in the village left me so shaken up I couldn't do anything for the rest of the day.
hehe, man this threads makes me wanna play resi 4 on professional now :D

Back