Resistance and Liberation media release

Sulkdodds

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Hotly anticipated WW2 mod Resistance and Liberation has today released shots of both a new map, Carentan Causeway, and its Me109g fighter plane. The mod aims to accurately recreate the journey of the 82nd Airborne in Normandy after D-Day, and will take a realistic approach: there is no HUD, no crosshair, and full ballistics modelling. [br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]
newsspacer2.gif
[br]
newsspacer.gif
[br]You can find out more by clicking here, and more screenshots of the map can be found here.

RnL is not a single player mod, it's multiplayer. :rolling:

The Aeroplane and 3rd shot looks really good, but the first two are pretty lacking.

You put .co not .com in the link, by the way.

I hope this WW game actually comes out, I havn't heard from Ham & Jam and other WW games to progress?

Well, I respect their attempt to go for realism, but taking out the HUD and crosshair is just going to throw this mod into the ground a week after release.

Well, I respect their attempt to go for realism, but taking out the HUD and crosshair is just going to throw this mod into the ground a week after release.
Nah, it will survive.

The Aeroplane and 3rd shot looks really good, but the first two are pretty lacking.

How is it lacking exactly? I'm the person who's creating the map and would like some constructive crit on it.

The map is meant to be big and open and lacking cover because that's how the actual area is. It's mostly flat.

Also remember the map's still only in alpha/beta stage and isn't finished all our work is always strictly WIP.

No hud is great, but i sure hope there will be a number somewhere displaying my magazines and handgrenades because as far as I know most soldiers could count.

I remember playing Vietcong on Max realism no hud and it removed the magazine counter and all, which is seriously annoying.

Otherwhise it looks great, looking forward to it

There won't be any numbers on the hud at all, we're looking at doing things other ways through visual and audio clues ;)

^ I've always thought about doing it that way, it seems really tricky though.

For that map, the only thing I can think of adding is more/taller trees, maybe some equipment lying around, mounds of dirt/hay?

Anyway, good luck with the mod.

I'm not really into WW2 or 'super realistic' mods, but I have to say that the screenshots of the maps look good. Not overdone, but still interesting enough. I'd make the ground under the water darker though and add some rocks/reeds/plants etc.

The map looks really nice! Great work :) eAi and Naudian's suggestions wouldn't go astray though. Keep up the good work.

^ I've always thought about doing it that way, it seems really tricky though.

For that map, the only thing I can think of adding is more/taller trees, maybe some equipment lying around, mounds of dirt/hay?

Anyway, good luck with the mod.

I'm going to add some hay piles soon, but only in one certain field, alot of the other areas have to remain open without cover due to how it was back during '44.

I will add some more detail to the stream ie rocks, reeds etc, infact I'm going to redo some of that area abit to make it look better (Can't stand the stream myself).

There won't be any numbers on the hud at all, we're looking at doing things other ways through visual and audio clues ;)

As long as i can see how many spare magazines and or hand grenades i have i dont mind. But running totally blind is pretty silly and everyone can at least count to ten unless you forgot to throw that grenade...

How is it lacking exactly? I'm the person who's creating the map and would like some constructive crit on it.

The map is meant to be big and open and lacking cover because that's how the actual area is. It's mostly flat.

Also remember the map's still only in alpha/beta stage and isn't finished all our work is always strictly WIP.

It's not per-say the map that is wrong, but rather the foliage props (which the map heavily relies on) seem to be of not incredible quality.

one of the best things I can see in the screenshots is the foilage. I love maps/games that take place in europe and actually make me feel familiar with the surroundings. The mapper is nailing that part correctly, as did the game Brothers in Arms. Loved the atmosphere there, but if you could do that with even better looking and denser (like at the creekbeddings, you really need more foilage) then you will absolutely nail the atmosphere! props for the work so far!

so my 2 cents is: make the foilage even more realistic by blending the creekbeds from-water-to-land with more grass/foilage. the transition now is too hard: source can handle better :)

beek%20met%20moeraszones%20sm.jpg
Strijbeekse%20Beek.jpg

Yer I'm redoing that stream at the moment, it's going to become abit more narrow and I'm going to increase the amount of weeds and reeds etc around it.

Back