Return To Mana

R

[RTM]Mobius

We are again looking for talent, our mod is now playable, generic listing follows

-----
Black Sheep Development Group is hiring

The heads behind "Return to Mana: Legacy of the eight Elements" are reaching out and are hiring creative, talented individuals.
The following positions are open - if you think you're the woman/man for the job - apply for it

“Black Sheep” is a team of partly game industry professionals that develop games because they love games. Working in our team means working on a professional level with good chance in stepping into the industry later aswell. We exspect people to care about the project they apply for – you have to feel responsible for the game you are developing. We all share the same dream that made the project a steady part of our life.

bs.jpg

Modeller
You have to be able to model low/high poly characters, props, nature foiliage, structures and create UV-Maps for them
Tools: 3dsmax only

Teture Artist
You have to be able to handdraw (no phototexturing) organic & nonorganic textures in high resolution (up to 2048x2048) for environments & characters.
experience with normal/parallax maps & relief mapping and reflection/refraction shader texturing is a plus.

Animator
You have to be able to rig characters & props and do animation sequences.
Tools: 3dsmax only

Leveldesigner
You have to be able to create indoor & outdoor environments and work under a given style & layout

Requirements for all positions

1. Good english skills, working in an english speaking dev team
2. Experience from previous game projects
3. Willing to spend time in the forum/messenger
4. Professional industry experience is a big plus

Experience of Black Sheep staff

- Leveldesign for “Crysis”
- 2d/3d art for Ahnk
- Sound Engineering Ubisoft
- And much more

Join a team that delivers professional results to the modding community

Be Different, Get noticed, be a Black Sheep

I'd be interested in helping out as a Modeller/Texture Artist. I'm in school at the moment for Game Design, and am a year through. I've also been modding for almost 2 years and have worked for several teams. If you are interested, please send me an email at [email protected]. Thanks!

to be honest the player model looks cool it got a real nice style but...JESUS the monster models look like shit sorry but i realy would like to see the,m in the same style that the hero model was in and btw the villigers look like mongols lol try to fix it then some people MIGHT join

well thanks for the constructive critism there, if thats what we will call it. Our models do vary in quality because we only have one modeller who can do the main characters, the rest are just prop and monster guys and have less skill. An M4 rifle is easy but making anything organic these days is a pain.

And our team is currently at 12 core members. But most of us are just doing the guts of the game, again, yea, we would like to make all of our models look amazing but, to us gameplay is more important.

When we hit the polish phase, expect our early models to get reworked but unless we get 2 or 3 modellers who know what they are doing and ask any mod team around, thats a rarity.

Again to our team right now, playability and game mechanics come before models. You can have all the eye candy in the world, but without the hundreds of C++ files we have worked on, all you have is some screenshots.

as so many of you say
"Most modders would rather dress up as game developers than actually develop games..."

and RTM trys to be the type of mod that really gets work done.

Hey I'll be getting back to you soon with my folio... I've been really busy. Expect an email probably later tonight. Sorry.

-Evan

mobius im sorry i can be an ass from time to time but hey it is true i would actualy like not mind helping you guys out for a while im on summer holiday as of today so if you need someone who can remodel the town folk hit me up on [email protected] <msn [email protected] <mail

sure thing man, its mostly the oldest stuff which looks the worst, as it was done by our level designer before we really got started and had no modelers per say

Concept Artist Still needed, also taking more modelers and level designers to help us in the summer slump. Also those who talked to me about the project, those who did not continue communication im taking as a "not enought time" and will fill the postions as soon as i can.

Return To Mana is a coop RPG developed by Black Sheep Game Development. The team is comprised of industry professionals from companies such as Ubisoft, Crytech, Edios and others.

Yea I apologize Mobius. Three people just got fired at where I work so I am pretty much picking up all the slack. I'd be interested in helping you guys out in my spare time though. Maybe doing a model/texture or two a week.

Back