Reverse Mouse

Bobo Vieri

Reaction score
Fior all 1st person shooter games, i use a reverse mouse, i want to know who else uses reverse mouse?

I think the old game Tie Figher stuffed me up, cause everything was reversed as with most flight sim games.
Since then, i could never get used to a non-reversed mouse.

Reversed for games requiring joystick (yes using joystick, not mouse) (IW2 etc).
Non-reversed mouse for FPS, I find the option to use reversed mouse quite funny, I doubt I'd ever get used to it.

Of course, everyone plays in the way they want to, but I would bet that your frag/deaths ratio would improve alot if you'd use non inverted mouse, in case you play multiplayer at all, but that's just an theory. :)

I cant play anything unless my mouse is reversed.
I have had it reversed as long as I can remember having the option to do so.

I know a few people like this. I can play reverse for flight sims and stuff, eg - Battlefield, you have to switch from normal to reverse when you hop in a plane, it becomes subliminal after just a bit. But for FPS up=up and down=down. And sensitivity always way up ;)

for some reason it just became second nature... its so strongly embedded in my psyche that I consider having a non reversed mouse in any game (fps, flight whatever) illogical.
its weird, and I like it that way ;D

inverted all the way, i cant even aim properly if its not inverted.

Woah yeah, fellow reversee here :)

I got f'ed up by "Retal" and absolutey PRO game that i used to play when i was about 8

Since then ive converted many of my friends as when they come around to my house i dont let them change it.... but they still want to play. Then when they get home they can use normal mouse!!! :D heheh

I have to say, playing in normal mode you can get used to it, just like a normal person can easily get used to reversed.... honestly try it. Give it about 2 days, if that, i promise its just as easy to change back and youll nottice your at no disadvantage either way.

Originally posted by AH_Viper
I have to say, playing in normal mode you can get used to it, just like a normal person can easily get used to reversed.... honestly try it. Give it about 2 days, if that, i promise its just as easy to change back and youll nottice your at no disadvantage either way.

That's way too time consuming to switch it (No I'm not lazy ;), yeah well perhaps I could try it out, but as I am as stubborn as I am it can take a while (I played CS a long time with arrow keys and switched to w/a/s/d buttons about year after I was told it's much better way to play ;)).

I've always steered clear of inverted mouse. When I move it up, I like to look up. When I move it down, I like to look down.

We're not pilots, first person shooters aren't flight sims.

Hi,
I agree having played cs with the mouse the normal way I'm sure i wouldn't be able to get used to having the mouse the other way, it would confuse me, I would look up to shoot up and I would automatically move the mouse up, but it would go down. This would just start to annoy me after a bit, but I might give it a try. :afro:

Rich

Always inverted, ever since Duke 3D. It just feels more natural that way. To look down in 'real life' you tilt your head forwards, which is why moving the mouse forwards just feels right to me.

Tell you what messed it all up for me though: Freelancer. Took me ages to get used to it, then when I went back tp FPS, it was really confusing.

Inverted throws me off something fierce. I tried it again recently on my bud's computer for the COD demo, and I may have as well painted a bullseye on my rear, as I was all over the place. I couldn't get my mind around it. The only time I invert now is when I play the flight sims.

Originally posted by Faravid
Of course, everyone plays in the way they want to, but I would bet that your frag/deaths ratio would improve alot if you'd use non inverted mouse, in case you play multiplayer at all, but that's just an theory. :)
Disagree
Using reverse mouse does not affect of kill death ratio or anything like that, there is absolutly no difference, as thats the way i have ALWAYS played.
Once again, i thank Tie Fighter for making me a reverse mouser.

Also, i play DoD on Dial-up, with a ping of 200-300, and i am still able to compete with the cable guys, and most of the time, beat them. I'm usually close to the top of the scoring table, i guess u just get used to dial up.

i always just found it easier for some reason.

i also play with a ball mouse, where you dont move the mouse, move the ball on top. i got realy used to it cause at the time, i had hardly any desk space (big sony trinitron 21 inch takes it all up, ...big bastard)

my friends think its weird to use the mouse but i can use both fluently

Well dial-up makes you warp lagged, harder to hit, also your bullets can kill before target realises you actually shot, because of the delay, also cable is laggy thing also, depends on the location though and popularity of connection method nearby... only real low cost playing experience is acquired with DSL type connections.
But yes you can get used to dial-up connection, I had good kill/death ratio as well back when I had dial-up and a really crappy computer.

Even in flying games my mouse isnt reversed. My cousin uses it and says it makes you "better" but in the brief time we played a game together i killed him a lot so i tihnk he was lying.

Ok, im sorry. See when i said i used to play Retal, a very OLD flight sim, with the mouse, the only reason i used the mouse was because i dont think you could buy a friggen joystick for the pc in those days :D

Also, it didnt let you roll like any flight sim today i.e. moving the mouse left wouldnt make you roll, it would make you turn......

What flight sims got you screwed over? i can see how X-Wing or something would do it because it, like Retal, only lets you turn and not roll (without a separate button if i remember right)

Please dont tell me some of you people still play IL2 with a mouse :D

I shiver at the thought of using reversed mouse, it would be like writing with my right hand.

(i'm left handed)

Originally posted by burnzie
i always just found it easier for some reason.

i also play with a ball mouse, where you dont move the mouse, move the ball on top. i got realy used to it cause at the time, i had hardly any desk space (big sony trinitron 21 inch takes it all up, ...big bastard)

my friends think its weird to use the mouse but i can use both fluently

I could never get used to those damn trackball things... :dozey:

Originally posted by Xtasy0
inverted all the way, i cant even aim properly if its not inverted.

same here, i can not even fathom(sp?) how pple can play with the reverse mouse option turned on..

oh well i guess these things all make us unique in some way :)

I knew a guy who put on goggles for a few months. The goggles actually flipped what he saw upsidedown, after a while his brain made the image go to normal though, so he would see the world the right way up. it was quite cool and when he took the gogles off everything was upside down :) and he had to wait another month for it to go normal again.

My god, I really cannot do anything with the X and Y axis reversed :( ... I tried it once (the Halo tutorial makes you) and hated the hell out of it... it's just too confusing when I play... :p

You and your reverse mouse bobo, all it does is take up time when i have to switch back to normal mouse whenever im using your computer! And you should have used a joystick for XWing vs Tie Fighter

woops i quoted wrong reply, i ment this one:

I knew a guy who put on goggles for a few months. The goggles actually flipped what he saw upsidedown, after a while his brain made the image go to normal though, so he would see the world the right way up. it was quite cool and when he took the gogles off everything was upside down and he had to wait another month for it to go normal again

inverted all the way!!!!!!111oneone

everyone i know hates inverted, so i have to bind enter to m_pitch -.022 and \ to m_pitch .022

thank god i discovered that command

Originally posted by Habibapotamus
woops i quoted wrong reply, i ment this one:

I knew a guy who put on goggles for a few months. The goggles actually flipped what he saw upsidedown, after a while his brain made the image go to normal though, so he would see the world the right way up. it was quite cool and when he took the gogles off everything was upside down and he had to wait another month for it to go normal again

yeah i know a science teacher at my last school who did it too

Originally posted by rec
I've always steered clear of inverted mouse. When I move it up, I like to look up. When I move it down, I like to look down.

We're not pilots, first person shooters aren't flight sims.

Ditto. Never did like playing games (with a mouse) that used up is down, and down is up; reversed.

However, when I play console games (with controllers) I like them reversed. Good examples would be Halo and Unreal Championship, both on my XBOX (which I <3 by the way, and am proud to say it, lol).

ewwww uninverted mouse...

seriously... how can you play a game where you press up and it ACTUALLY GOES UP

if i could reverse the x axis i would too, but only a few games have that rare-as-a-mofo feature.

The horror...the horror....(walks bamboozled from his computer and falls up a cliff).

Up until now the only people I knew who used invert-mouse were Brits - and they drive on the wrong side of the road too, so that's no big surprise :)

(j/k btw; I'm half American, half British, I'm a half-Brit so I can make funnies okay?)

Just can't do it, every time I try I end up running like Chicken Little, staring up at the sky %^\

Habib, i only got a joystick for X-wing vs Tie fighter, well after the damage was done from playing Tie Fighter with a mouse.
I should make a reverse mouse clan for DoD, habib, u have to change if u want to be in my Clan. Better still, a reverse mouse and dial up clan.

Back