Revisited (56k beware)

Lupus

Reaction score
Went back over my mech and am adding more detail (well, not worked on it in a bit and won't for a couple of weeks cause of exams <hiss>). I have built the low poly version, I wasn't really aming to keep below a certain limit (it's 5.5k currently) so can easily optimise it further.
Just need to finish the model and learn how to setup the normal maps.

Scyllarevisit15.jpg

Scyllarevisit19.jpg

Scyllarevisit21.jpg

Scyllarevisit25.jpg

Scyllarevisit28.jpg

scyllarevisittest9.jpg

Very, very nice, fantastic bit of modelling there!

I can't wait to see how the normal map + low poly turns out, should be interesting!

awsome stuff :D, you should be showing these to the games comp that made the Mechwarrior games ! , not us . lol

Hehe actually we are in the process of making a community made mechwarrior game. Currently an engine is being decided on, I don't know much about what has actually been done, lots of coder talk and stuff. I'm just going to try and do some models hehe.

he, that's nice ! reminds me of that movie, robot jox :) pretty dumb movie according to imdb, but i loved it 10 years ago :)

since i'm on the subject, does anybody know another movie that involved a giant robot like this, it was on an abandoned station, where there was a killer inside the team, and outside was one of these robers on the ground, out of order, the movie is about them finding the killer, and on the end i think they start up that robot to fight it... i forgot that movie/actors/title, but would love to see it again some day, also B-movie (probbly dumb movie) :)

anyways, nice model !

simon said:
he, that's nice ! reminds me of that movie, robot jox :) pretty dumb movie according to imdb, but i loved it 10 years ago :)

since i'm on the subject, does anybody know another movie that involved a giant robot like this, it was on an abandoned station, where there was a killer inside the team, and outside was one of these robers on the ground, out of order, the movie is about them finding the killer, and on the end i think they start up that robot to fight it... i forgot that movie/actors/title, but would love to see it again some day, also B-movie (probbly dumb movie) :)

anyways, nice model !
Robot Jox and Crash and Burn is the one your thinking of http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099313/

I liked both movies, back then hehe.

CRASH AND BURN !! yea that's it, damnit yea !
i still knew Robot Jox (look at post)
but i forgot crash and burn, thanks alot, and yes, i also love them back in the day :)

Oh man ...those were some horrible movies......

I used to rent them all the time :p

dude that model is aboslutely incredible, please use Source for your mod (psst* valve release the goddamn game) i wuld love to be shot up by stuff that good looking.

I dont really think source was designed for that type of game.

Ofcourse..... HL was never made with stuff like NS or HL rally in mind either

Hehe, there is a panel with a retractable chain ladder thing that pops out from the right side of the cockpit, which it seems I had added in after these renders (the panel, haven't modelled the ladder).

Back