Reviving

P

PaulSimon

Could you half-life coding veterans tell me, is it possible, that when players HPs reach zero, he goes ragdoll,gets 1000 hp and player also looses control over his charachter? So he can only stood back and watch himself lying on to ground?

And would it be possible to make it so that it player gets hit by certain thing he can then get up and continue playing?

Could you at least tell me what you think, if you consider how things work in HL 1.

My personal opinion is that it could be done, just because its c++.

Thanks

Yes, I believe that concept could be programmed into the game. You would probably have to manipulate the auto re-spawn actions.

However, I don't think you can use Ragdolls on the HL 1 engine, but maybe we will get a command for it in the HL 2 SDK?

if ( dead ) { goRagdoll(); } ;)

I thought also that it could be done, well we just have to wait and see to be sure...

yep, it can be done, i had something like it in Eradicators for a while, however it got removed due to design changes and it had some small bugs which i never got a chance to work out...

Done yes. But after the player gets knocked down with ragdoll. The hard part is having it look smooth so the player gets up ... correctly.. with out having vertes's going in random directions then forming a player. Thats the hard part.

And you cannot create an get up animation.. because its ragdoll. their legs, arms torso are in diffrent area's EVERY time. So... its hard to make it look smooth... (If this is multiplayer)

I have thought about that, but why do you say I cant make get up animation?

I have planned to make two get up animations ( at first) one which starts if players face is down and another if players face is up (looking to the sky) I know it must sometimes look odd and jerky when animations dont match but Im ready to sacrifice that.

Back