Richard Hammond crashed his condition critical!

I love Richard Hammond... he's the Anti-Clarkson :(

video! Gotta see what actually took him down. Must be amazingly crazy.

Hope he gets better though.

I thought by Richard Hammond you meant:

180px-Jhammond.jpg

"Welcome... to Jurassic Park!"

You realise that clarkson is never ever going to stop ripping him for this? It'll be worse than the teeth whitening.

:( please make it through, he's a funny bloke. Him, Clarkson and May are the best trio on the bbc.

That and he hasn't blown up enough caravans yet.

Nnnnnooooooo good old Richard is a legend, hope he pulls through, Top Gear wont be the ssame without him

He'll make it through, his condition is stable ... worrying that he's in a neurological unit though, isn't that to do with brain damage?

He'll make it through, his condition is stable ... worrying that he's in a neurological unit though, isn't that to do with brain damage?

Yeah, he might have slight brain damage, which can be fixed. Always think positive. :D

Hope he pulls through, really big fan of him and Top Gear

D:

Top gear is the best thing BBC has done in a long time.

hope he gets well soon, I almost always agree with his viewpoint, and I do like Brainiac

Wow, and the media didn't dub this a "freak accident" like someone else recently that was doing their job?

aw damnit i like this guy! plz be ok :(!

(btw he works with the guy that looks like danimal for those who dont know him)

Heard this last night. Sucks :(

Get well soon Hamster.

Is he the guy from Jurassic Park?

The world land speed record is over Mach 1, I'm surprised the British record is so low.

We're not exactly overendowed with huge tracts of flat land to run on.

Bah, Richard's really funny :(. Shame he crashed, but lucky he's alright.

Heh the monster of a car he was in was dug into the ground after it rolled. That's some force.

Saw it last night on ITN, really sucks. Screw Steve Irwin, I actually care about Hammond, because, well, Top Gear is one of the finest shows on TV.

Makes you wonder if the BBC will keep their 'stunts' on a tight leash from now on, which is bad.

I hope it gets better.

I was worried last night but am reasurred when it said his condition is "stable".

But in Neuro? D:

Hell no, Hammond wont care about the crash, he will still do the stunts himself, thats what makes it really good in my opinion, well thats if he aint left in a whellchair for the rest of his life or something :S

Sad to hear it, I'm quite a fan of top gear, but TBH I think that this is a sign that they should step away from the ever increasing amounts of lunacy in the programme and actually review some cars.

The lunacy/comedy are what make top gear
I agree. There's only so much you can do with taking the car around the test track/location and talking about it. The races, money challenges (Italian supercars, van men etc.) and builds (carboats, Caterham, Espace convertable) are tremendous entertainment, while still of course being about cars. Top Gear's always been a non-serious entertainment show about cars, it's just that they've taken it further in the last couple of series.

Besides, Fifth Gear's always there for the car revi-, ugh, no, I can't go on. It's dreadful.

The one with the caravan was the best by far.

The car-boats coming in a close 2nd.

This really shocked me when I heard bout it....really hope he gets well, Top Gear is my favourite show and it just wouldn't be the same without him. They are the perfect trio.

Just hope this doesn't effect Top Gear...its wackyness is what makes it great!

Can't wait for Clarksen to let rip on the hamster tho :D

Sad to hear it, I'm quite a fan of top gear, but TBH I think that this is a sign that they should step away from the ever increasing amounts of lunacy in the programme and actually review some cars.

Thats what 5th Gear is for. I'll say no more.

Can't wait for Clarksen to let rip on the hamster tho :D

Yeah...

"You idiot, what were you thinking of?"

"..."

"You're just a boy-racer aren't you?"

"..."

"Count your lucky stars you're alive mate"

"..."

Update

The 36-year-old suffered a "significant brain injury" during filming.

Doctors at Leeds General Infirmary have said they were "reasonably optimistic" that he would make a good recovery.

Back