rigged XSI model

S

skwurl

Hi there,

I remember a while back, I downloaded the CS Source Urban Counter Terrorist model that was rigged with animation. It was an XSI scene file.

Does anyone know where this file is?

I would greatly appreciate a tip in the right direction.

I know where that is Valve\Steam\SteamApps\yoursteamacount\sourcesdk_content\cstrike\modelsrc\urban\xsi

mindless_moder said:
start > file search

Go away wise ass. I don't have the SDK on my computer, so a file search would do nothing.

To the poster before that - thanks a bunch.

if you dont have the sdk then that would be why you couldnt find the file lol. anyway theres loads of great xsi files there all the weapons vehicles player models etc with all the smds and qc. files aswell.

Hi guys,

I re-downloaded the SDK and found the urban counter terrorist xsi scene. However the texture coordinates do not match the new skins being released...Is there a new urban model that I'm not aware of?

Go away wise ass. I don't have the SDK on my computer, so a file search would do nothing.

To the poster before that - thanks a bunch.

well since u dont have the sdk his reply doesnt really help either now does it ? .
there isnt a new release . it depends on how ur apply the material ..it needs to be a multisubobject mat .

It seems that some TGA layouts that I download are perfectly fit for the XSI texture coordinates. This one however is layed out differently. The original texture coordinates are different...I dont see how a multisubobject would fix anything.

I've been reading on forums that Valve changed the counter terrorist model...or was it just the texture?

I found this on the Steam website...

Counter-Strike: Source Update Available
2005-07-13 16:46:43 · Valve Software
An update to Counter-Strike: Source has been released. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Counter-Strike: Source

* Fixed model scale problem resulting in under-sized players
* Fixed model's feet sliding while running
* Made the new Terrorist model leaner

It look like they did update the player model. Anyone have an XSi file of this? Or at least a 3ds file?

yes your right they did change it. you can extract the mdl and decompile it into an smd though. so did the other xsi scenes have the uv corrdinates alreadys set up so you just had to apply the correct texture?

Yeah the original XSI files already had the texture coordinates layed out. Where can I extract the mdl from? I can't find the updated files...Can you give me the path?

download cannonfodders mdl decompiler and its in the counterstrike player folder or something it aint hard to find. note that you cant see this unless your in the mdl decompiler

I found the mdl file for the new Urban Counter Terrorist, but I need to get it into XSI or Gmax I don't have 3Dsmax...

Any ideas?

mdl is a file that the smds are compiled into thats why u need cannonfodders mdl decompiler to get it back to a load of smds and a qc. file.

cs skins found online ae not official releases and will not necessarily fit ur model.
im not sure about the model changes but the sdk should have the latest version and should come with its own texture sheet so it should work properly.

the file included in the .xsi scene is of the older model. iirc, the texture is still in the cache file. urban_temp i think it is. change the noicon pic to that one and voila, it should be skinned properly.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res71imq/urban.jpg

have no idea if that's the proper root structure, but i at least got it to be textured in the 3d view, which was my only goal. don't think that scene is really useable for anything anyway, as far as exporting goes, it's just to look through for examples.

don't think you can use the "new" ct skin on this scene because it's is a different mesh (new model has the glass visor, etc).

http://wunderboy.org

get gcfscape and vtftool. and as mentioned, cannonfodder's decompiler.

also cant remember if it's cannonfodder or wunderboy, but one of them has something called mdltextureinfo. drag and drop a .mdl on it and it spits out the textures used and where they're stored.

Back