Ritual still plans to SiN

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
Speaking to website Ritualistic in the wake of Ritual's recent acquisition by casual games developer MumboJumbo, Gray explained, "What we plan to do right now, both Ritual and MumboJumbo, is establish ourselves in the casual gaming market with strong new franchises and then return to SiN at a later date. We love SiN, make no mistake, and we definitely want to return to it."

CVG

It's nice to know that they're committed to the franchise, but honestly, no gamer is :| The game failed, get over it and come up with something new, and (I never thought I'd be saying this) with less tits.

Why is this developer so hung up on Sin? It isn't that good and it doesn't even look like people care that much about it. They should just move on.

Shelving it is the best thing to do. In five years time they can crack out the 'boo-hoo, our title was overshadowed by game X' rhetoric again and play on the ignorance of everyone who doesn't know or cannot remember what has made the SiN games so forgettable.

To counteract this, I suggest the establishment of an annual day of rememberance for all those precious minutes lost to SiN Episode One. As a mark of respect, everyone should be encouraged to wear a cliche to work. Or to enhance their breasts to comedy proportions.

Edit: ... does he REALLY make the claim that SiN was a triple A title?

I thought the 1st Sin Ep was enough for a starting point. I would buy a 2nd episode. But only 150,000 copies sold. Jesus thats insane. Never though company's sell that little.

Sin was shit, to be honest, and I think they should just move swiftly on. They have already failed at the whole Episodic thing, so why continue? Why keep on going? Sin sucked. Take it away and dump it.

I thought the 1st Sin Ep was enough for a starting point. I would buy a 2nd episode. But only 150,000 copies sold. Jesus thats insane. Never though company's sell that little.

The original Deus Ex sold about 50,000 copies.

It's rare that a PC game sells in excess of 1,000,000 copies. Even 500k is unusual.

Damn. And we wonder why more games like Deus Ex aren't made =/

They should just be glad they got to fail after a relatively short development period instead of creating a full blown sequel and having it bomb just as hard.

The original Deus Ex sold about 50,000 copies.

It's rare that a PC game sells in excess of 1,000,000 copies. Even 500k is unusual.

No way....That is just insane. So how do so many people know about it and have played it. The greatest game of all time and thats all it did. It pisses me off and makes me extremely sad...

Damn. And we wonder why more games like Deus Ex aren't made =/
And here I was blaming Deus Ex Invisible War.

edit: Is the 50,000 figure inclusive of the PS2 version?
They should just be glad they got to fail after a relatively short development period instead of creating a full blown sequel and having it bomb just as hard.
True, but it seems that the game was actually quite successful... Just not the runaway success that they apparently expected from what they bizarrely seem to think is a 'Triple A' Franchise.

Even a godawful PS2 game sells about 200k copies.

I actually liked SiN too. :/

It wasn't anything special, but it wasn't horrible either.

No way....That is just insane. So how do so many people know about it and have played it. The greatest game of all time and thats all it did. It pisses me off and makes me extremely sad...

Please insert a "In my opinion" in thar ;)

Game Sales from way back when and game sales from now aren't directly comparable, you've got to take into account that the number of copies sold for it to be considered a success is correlated with the price the game cost to make and the overall increase in gaming popularity. 150,000 copies now is pretty poor and barely enough to cover the costs on one of today's expensive projects; Obviously, since Ritual said as much when they were bought out.

Personally I thought the one and only (apparantly, I'm not counting my chickens on there being another one) Sin Ep was kinda rushed, you could tell they didn't get to exactly the place they wanted with it. This is in stark contrast to the amount of polish that went into Ep.1 of course. It just very generic.

sin was nothing more then a 2nd rate hl2 mod
i liked the boobies though

Back in the day it was either Sin or Half-Life to me.

I chose Half-Life because a friend of mine copied his CD for free

Nazis. I loved the first Sin episode as well as the original game (once I gave it a second shot). I'd like to know what was wrong with the gameplay action. Half-Life is still my one and only, but honestly, I prefer having a bunch of enemies that you can mow down rather than a smaller amount of stronger ones. I've heard complaints about a lack of weapons; I thought Emergence having only three weapons was totally cool. I think it's much better than having like, 9 weapons, half of which I barely use.

Yes, the plot is totally cheesy and cliche. The Sin plot and characters, minus the bodily combustions and people burning to death and whatnot, are something you'd expect to see on Toonami. But that's why I like it. It seems very... "fun". Instead of doing its best to avoid silly cliches, Sin's plot is one big cliche juggernaut, and me approves the game.

Sorry for the pointless rant.

i kinda liked sin, all the boobs and the g-string didnt bother me

Back