<RJMC> weird event of the day: doomsday cult get into a cave and threat to blow it

<RJMC>

The Freeman
Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7098671.stm

Police and clergy in southern Russia are trying to negotiate with members of a doomsday cult barricaded inside a cave and threatening to blow it up.

The group calls itself the "True Russian Orthodox Church". Members are waiting for the end of the world, which they are expecting to happen next May.

They say they have enough food and water to last out the winter, as well as large quantities of petrol.

The cult leader did not join them, and has been arrested by police.

looks like crazy religiousness is not just in the USA and middle east

Why wait until May?

World should end tomorrow.
Or at least wait until I've played the OB.

Wait... I don't get to finish the OB until May? :eek:

Is the cave of any particular relevance? ...why not just let them blow it?

There may be gold in them hills!!!

And, honestly, how long do they hope to last in the cave, without their fearless leader who got busted by the po-po...???

How could God let this happen? <insert derisive laughter here>

stupid police ..they should have sent out invitations to all the churches in the area saying the cave was holding a bake sale and all monies would go to repair their respective churches

"ok, all accounted for? good .. <over loudspeaker> Attention cave people, you can press the button now, we're all at a safe distance"

"THE WORLD ENDS THIS MAY, AND WE'RE GUNNA BLOW THIS F*CKIN CAVE UP!"

Sounds like a logical thought process.

I guess 'Intelligence' isn't a prerequisite for entering that religion...

I guess 'Intelligence' isn't a prerequisite for entering that religion...

I read the article again, and I can prove your statement without a shadow of a doubt:

The group was founded by a former engineer, Pyotr Kuznetsov, who had fallen out with the Russian Orthodox Church.

He is thought to have ordered his followers into the cave but did not join them.

He is now in custody and is undergoing psychiatric examinations.

"Go to the cave, my followers! I'll be right behind you! ...as soon as I'm done with these Rorshachs... Ooo, pretty!!"

Whoever thinks the end of the world is imminent (at least human civilization) will get cockslapped.

:rolleyes: The world is not going to end in the near future.

Whoever thinks the end of the world is imminent (at least human civilization) will get cockslapped.

:rolleyes: The world is not going to end in the near future.

BUT! BUT! THE MAYAN CALANDAR IZ SO ACCURATE N IS SAYS 2012 OMFG.

why was there no imaginary dialog included by RJMC?

Ever since RJMC started his weird event of the day threads, there's been crazy news goings on every single day!

Back