Road Kill!!

Warped

Reaction score
Well I just hit my 1st roadkill of the year. Feel really sorry for the old chap. It was a raccoon and I was coming home from work and it was trotting along with the road and I slowed down but stupid guy ran right out in front and I crushed the poor bugger. Its a shame I don't have the balls to stop and look at the animal or even my car for the matter....it was really dark out. I think i hit him at about 30mph.

So have any stories about road kill??

I've only hit birds, and not many of them...thank God.

Saw a pigeon get hit by a car. Was only like 15m away from it so I saw the whole deal. Looked like it shat it's guts out of it's backside. D:

It's official. HL2.net is full of murderers.

nah, not really. It's an accident. On the bright side, other animals and birds will benefit with a free lunch.

this morning, like most mornings, a bird was in the middle of the road and I was doing about 40. I said to myself "move birdie, movie birdie, MOVE BIRDIE...(bird flies away)...nice

5 minutes later i ran over a homeless man.

I've never been able to hit a bird despite all my efforts. I've only ever been able to run over a squirrel.

I ran over a peacock last week, i was expecting it to get out of the way, it didn't. I also hit a Pigeon a couple of months ago, i was driving under a bridge and it flew right in front of me, got bird goo all over my windscreen.

I've hit a few groundhogs...but they don't have thumbs like raccoons so I don't feel as bad about it.

Ran over a squirrel's back with my bicycle once. I've hit a few birds here & there. Almost hit a deer once on the freeway; thank god for all those years I played Star Wars: Racer.

I still feel bad for everyone one of them. The worst is seeing a dead dog or cat on the side of the road :(.

gordon, you're avatar is freaking me out

Almost hit an owl once, but apart from that nothing I can think of.

I'd feel really sorry if I hit a fox or small cute animal. Skunk would be horrible too, they're pretty cool animals

Well I just hit my 1st roadkill of the year. Feel really sorry for the old chap. It was a raccoon and I was coming home from work and it was trotting along with the road and I slowed down but stupid guy ran right out in front and I crushed the poor bugger. Its a shame I don't have the balls to stop and look at the animal or even my car for the matter....it was really dark out. I think i hit him at about 30mph.

So have any stories about road kill??

you know it's kinda cruel to leave a wounded animal to die slowly and painfully at the side of the road. you should have thrown it into reverse and finished the job; it's the right thing to do

I hit a cat, pulled over and finished off the poor thing with my car jack at the side of the road. The following day I was washing my car and I found a cat embedded in my front grill.

it's not a cat but close enough

imagesdog.jpg

also

deer+in+the+grill.jpg

I hit a cat today. damn thing ran under the middle of the car and got crushed by my back tires. I saw in the rear view mirror it kept moving. Also its the same spot where my dad hit a deer a few years back

I swerved on purpose to hit a rabbit standing in the road staring at me. I went back around to see if the bitch was still there, he wasn't. I think it's stalking me to this day.

I hit a dog once. Was driving back home on one of the narrow country roads close to my uncles house, and this dog darted right out across the street about 5 feet in front of the vehicle. I braked instantly, but there's nothing I could have done to prevent that. He came out only 5 feet in front of me, running completely perpindicular across the road.

I heard him yelp after he got hit... and he retreated into the bushes. I wished so hard that the guy was okay, that at the most he had a broken leg or something.

Really bummed me out tremendously.

broken leg if left untreated means certain death for a dog. not too worry they'll usually gnaw off their own paw/leg once gangrene starts to set in.

Back