Rockstar comes to Steam

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
Starting today, gamers may purchase Rockstar Games' titles, including the complete Grand Theft Auto and Max Payne series plus Manhunt and Midnight Club II. To celebrate the launch, Rockstar is offering all its Steam games for a 10% discount during launch week. And what games will we see? Ok I'll tell you...

• Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
  • Grand Theft Auto III
  • Grand Theft Auto II
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Midnight Club II
  • Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
  • Max Payne
  • Manhunt
  • Wild Metal Country
"We were immediately excited by the opportunity to offer our PC catalog via Steam because it allows us to reach out to gamers around the world in exciting new ways. We are continually looking for ways to give back to our fans and this collaboration will give people a chance to easily revisit some of our greatest titles." said Rowan Hajaj, Head of Finance and Corporate Development of Rockstar Games.
Great news I'm sure you'd agree, and well done to Joule for catching this story early on by chance! http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=136288

I misread this as Rock Band comes to Steam.

Although this is good too.

All the GTA 3 based games work fine on my 64bit vista machine aswell as max payne 2.

To bad i already own them for the PC. I really hope that GTA 4 comes on Steam.

While this is good news as rockstar make some great games, I really hope they make their latest games available on steam when released.

Nothing exciting since I already have all of those games, but I hope Rockstar's new releases will be made available through Steam as well.

I wish capcom would join in on the fun... That way I could get Dead Rising on my computer. :D

I can't buy any of these games D:
It says its not available in my Country wtf...

I can't buy any of these games D:
It says its not available in my Country wtf...

Huh that is sad.I think its caused by your local distributor of Activison games don't allow to sell them. You still can buy me a gift of Gish :p

Manhunt doesn't work :( I have vista home premium x36. Lots of people are having problems with this OS, no others.

22.80 well spent, simply for the convenience of having them on Steam and never having to worry about the goddamn DVDs again :)

Since I've already purchased San Andreas on DVD, is it possible to add it to steam so I can link it to my account? I can't recall if the game even came with a cd key.

Since I've already purchased San Andreas on DVD, is it possible to add it to steam so I can link it to my account? I can't recall if the game even came with a cd key.

None of the GTA games come with a key, and even if they did, the answer would be no. Valve only allow that when they've got an incentive to do so (i.e. they get paid), otherwise they're just giving you free bandwidth...

GTA 3 works fine for me on Vista HP 64bit edition.

This basically confirms my opinion that one day Steam will rule the world, mutating into a fully functional OS and destroying Windows, requiring everything we do to have activation keys and ...

Oh God, I'm scared.

GTA is horrible to play on a 17"+ screen. So zoomed in.

GTA is horrible to play on a 17"+ screen. So zoomed in.

Up the resolution, I've been playing in 1680 x 1050 on my 22" WS without any noticeable lag and it looks acceptable.

Goddamn, I keep thinking this is Rockband on Steam

^ Holy crap they finally released MTA:SA Deathmatch??!!

I was getting bored of the race-only version, been waiting a loooong time for this.

Would anyone recommend me getting the Max Payne 1 & 2?, I've heard alot of good things about them.

Back