Rockstar fight over GTA nude scenes intensifies: ESRB investigates

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
ESRB investigating San Andreas sex minigames

ESRB president Patricia Vance said her organization has "opened an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the 'Hot Coffee' modification." "Hot Coffee" refers to the mod that, when installed on a PC with San Andreas on it, unlocks several minigames that prompt players to have the game's hero engage in X-rated acts.

The ESRB's investigation will examine whether the mod unlocks preexisting code, as appears to be the case, or is actually a purely third-party creation. Its ultimate purpose will be to determine if Take-Two violated ESRB regulations requiring "full disclosure of pertinent content."

If Rockstar is found to be guilty of including the content in the game's code, even without its being readily accessible, the product can be slapped with an AO (Adults Only) rating, which could cripple game sales.

why is this happening you ask? because anti-gaming watchdog groups are pressuring the ESRB to do something about GTA:

The Minneapolis-based watchdog group, founded by Dr. David Walsh, previously decried the game for its glorification of cop-killing with an online petition. Now the group is issuing a National Parental Warning for the game, giving concerned mothers and fathers a heads-up that their children could be playing with their joysticks in an inappropriate way.

more trouble for Rockstar and GTA:SA

Australian ratings board investigating GTA

The GTA "Hot Coffee" Sex scandal has now spread down under with Australia's Office of Film and Literature Classification launching an investigation into claims that San Andreas contains explicit sexual material which can be accessed with the aid of a mod

According to Australia's Sydney Morning Herald, the game could be banned, should the sex game claims be proved to be true. With the game facing the possibility of an exceptionally rare Adults Only rating in the US and a possible ban in Australia, things are not looking to good for Rockstar, who as we previously reported are claiming they cannot be held responsible for what is produced in the modding community.

if you live in australia you'd better pick up a copy of gta while you still can ...same goes for the US ..if it's rated Adults Only none of the big retailers will carry it

CptStern said:
The Minneapolis-based watchdog group, founded by Dr. David Walsh, previously decried the game for its glorification of cop-killing with an online petition. Now the group is issuing a National Parental Warning for the game, giving concerned mothers and fathers a heads-up that their children could be playing with their joysticks in an inappropriate way.

oh noes!! it also "glorifies" killing black people, erm, white people, young people, old people, drug dealers...

sigh......

get over it people!

funny ...in-game I had as much fun beating a crack dealer to death as I did a police officer ...cuz it's just a game. Last night I blew up at least 20 chinese soldiers, half a dozen middle eastern soldiers and inadvertedly killed 3 americans ...yet I cant see boobies in a game

the people who do this shit are f*cking worthless, i hope god's a gamer and sends them all down to purgatory

something true is that rocsktar didnt put the sex minigames avaibles in the game it was somone that unlocked it so I dont think is total fault of rockstar

Icarusintel said:
the people who do this shit are f*cking worthless, i hope god's a gamer and sends them all down to purgatory

isnt purgatory in the middle somewhere? I mean if heaven is up and hell is down ...purgatory MUST be middle ...unless it's off to the side of hell ...although that would still technically make it part of hell ..maybe purgatory is like business class for hell ..you know, same thing but better service :E

CptStern said:
isnt purgatory in the middle somewhere? I mean if heaven is up and hell is down ...purgatory MUST be middle ...unless it's off to the side of hell ...although that would still technically make it part of hell ..maybe purgatory is like business class for hell ..you know, same thing but better service :E
uuhhhhh..... yarbleraffledink... shibby

avert your eyes children he's speaking in tongues!!

[rant]I honestly hate these type of people. If they want to seperate their children from the real world and make them social outcasts that's up to them; but don't ****ing touch my video games you bastards!!!!!! As a grown adult you have no ****ing right to tell me what I can and can not play.[/rant]

CptStern said:
avert your eyes children he's speaking in tongues!!
i'm just working on getting my post count up, like you:D

at least they're leaving it to the ESRB for right now though, it is THEIR job

Back