Ronald D. Moore's Virtuality + New Dredd Movie Concept Art.

hot564231

Reaction score
Well, I can't say I'm all that interested in Virtuality, since there hardly any promo material for this project but there is an interview and a cast shot.

BattleStar’s Ronald D. Moore “Virtuality” has a two hour TV premiere coming up on Fox. If it hits big with those Sci-Fi kids everyone is targeting (you know who you are) we might just see it back next year as a regular series. It looks Spacey and nicely twisted. The plot unfolds thusly.

The crew of the Phaeton is approaching the go/no-go point of their epic 10-year journey through outer space. With the fate of Earth in their hands, the pressure is intense. The best bet for helping the crew members maintain their sanity is the cutting-edge virtual reality technology installed on the ship. It’s the perfect stress-reliever until they realize a glitch in the system has unleashed a virus on to the ship. Tensions mount as the crew decides how to contain the virus and complete their mission. Meanwhile, their lives are being taped for a reality show back on Earth

Virtuality airs as a 2-hour movie on Friday, June 26 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. Virtuality stars Kerry Bishe, Ritchie Coster, Eric Jensen, Nelson Lee, Joy Bryant, Clea Duvall, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Sienna Guillory, James D’Arcy, Jose Pablo Cantillo, Gene Farber, Omar Metwally and Jimmi Simpson.

virtuality.jpg

And now for some Dredd.

http://www.cinematical.com/2008/12/21/new-judge-dredd-movie-coming/

"I am the Law!" Does that quote give you goosebumps or nightmares? Sylvester Stallone uttered those words as Judge Dredd in the awful 1995 sci-fi action flick, featuring Diane Lane as his partner, Rob Schneider as his comic sidekick, Armand Assante as the villain, and Max von Sydow as the Chief Justice. Now a new version of the British comic strip character will be coming to the big screen, with production scheduled to begin next year, according to an announcement at the 2000 AD web site.

Judge Dredd began life in the second issue of the magazine anthology 2000 AD. In a time when Judges are running a huge megapolis, Judge Dredd was empowered to enforce the law, sentence offenders, and carry out the punishment. The premise sounded ideal for adaptation, but the 1995 movie version, directed by Danny Cannon, was tired and generic; Schneider was especially annoying. It lacked any zip or zest; fans noted that Dredd never removed his helmet in the strip and, more importantly, complained that the dry humor was missing and the mythology was left out. Stallone himself feels that the film was "a real missed opportunity," and told Uncut magazine that "great potential" was wasted. "We shouldn't have tried to make it Hamlet; it's more Hamlet and Eggs."

The new version will be made by Rebellion and production company DNA Films; DNA also made 28 Weeks Later and Sunshine. No other details have been announced. Obviously, the right script and director are essential, but let's play "what if?" and try to imagine: who could be the next Judge Dredd? And does he need to keep his helmet on?

http://io9.com/5125143/he-is-the-law-your-first-look-at-judge-dredd-movie

riotjudges.jpg

medium_3177607848_339f27d536_o.jpg

judge_dredd_concept_2.jpg

I hope they put Judge Death in it, that would be so awesome.

I'm interested to see Virtuality turns out, however the idea that their lives are being taped for TV broadcast just seems a bit daft/irrelevant imho.

Also is it wrong to want to bone the shit out of Clea DuVall ?

The show sounds like garbage. :|
Really wish we'd get a new scifi series that follows a starship crew on adventures and shit.

Also, yes Kadayi, it is.
She's hideous. D:

edit: Here's a shot of the show. :rolleyes:
virtualityfront-1.jpg

Virtuality sounds... dissapointing coming from Moore but I'll give it a try.

I never liked Judge Dredd. Such a corny movie. And yes, I said corny.

Also, are those vacuum cleaner bags on their backs? :LOL:

Also, yes Kadayi, it is.
She's hideous. D:

She's no Megan Fox granted, but I kind of dig that tomboy vibe she gives off. Also those space suits look awful....

Judge Dredd is probably my comic book hero, or at least the character I can associate my years growing up in comics and graphics novels to as much as some folk love Batman, Spiderman, etc. That said, I didn't mind the movie. Not a patch on the comic and Stallone is right, it was wasted potential, but I do so enjoy watching it for the comedy.

Can't wait for more Dredd.

Hmmm... I'm a little disappointed that the show, which at first seemed to be a bit more grounded than BSG, still has fake gravity.

Its being put on my list of things to look out for, loved Nikolaj Waldau in New Amsterdam so really looking forward to seeing more of him.

Seems Virtuality is out now, downloading it now to have a look see, hopes aren't high although.

Meh, not interested in the show, however I'm looking forward to a new Dredd movie. I'm probably one of the few people that liked the one with Stallone in it.

Were a minority sadly, some people cant enjoy 90's comic actions movies.

Never thought I'd ever be bored by a television show before.
Good Christ.

That was probably the dullest pilot I have ever seen.

I quite liked it. Its a character piece for sure, but its an interesting premise.

I thought it was very interesting, although it could have been done within an hour rather than a hour and a half, it was better than I thought it'd be although.

Back