Router problemos

Acepilotf14

Sucked so much dick for this title
Reaction score
Hello hl2.net I am here requesting help.

Anyway, I need to open some ports for my router. Normally, this would be an easy process, but for some reason it's being a total bitch.

I've checked through cmd/ipconfig, the local address SHOULD be 192.168.2.1(dynex router), but when I type that into FF it gives me a 'The connection has been reset' error and doesn't even prompt a username/password or the like.

Good to note I have Windows 7.
I believe the last time I went onto my router was before the upgrade. Would there be a difference?

Nevermind. fixed it.

But now the ports will not open correctly.

Port forwarding forwards the ports to a particular sub address on the router.

If your router gateway address is 192.168.2.1 then you should have a range like 192.168.2.2-192.168.2.255 or whatever it is. When you're forwarding the ports, you're specifying one of those addresses which corresponds to a computer on your network. For example, if your DHCP server is giving your computer the address 192.168.2.5, or if you have it statically set to be that on your ethernet adapter, then you'll put that as the address to forward the ports to, and of course the ports you want to forward.

This is how it works on every router I've used anyway. You can't just forward the ports to the gateway address, which is the local address of your router.

If you're using Windows 7 the firewall for it may have some additional blocking in addition to that which the router provides that you'll have to circumvent, but I do not know exactly.

Back