RTS Mod

TriggerHappy

Reaction score
Has anyone here played QWar2? It was a mod for Quake 2 that let you order around Strogg in a pseudo-RTS way. There was a lot of room for improvement of course. The Quake 2 AI wasn't the best at pathfinding, the interface was clunky, and the resource gathering model was simply finding energy cells strewn around the map.

Obviously what I'm getting at is a HL2 RTS mod. I'm surprised no RTS mods came out for Half-Life 1. I really don't know how hard it would be to make a mod like this, but QWar2 shows it's possible. With the new AI and distinct teams (Combine vs Aliens vs Resistance, heh that's what I think the teams are anyway) as opposed to the Strogg vs Strogg affairs of QWar2, maybe we could have a fun and unique mod. Any thoughts?

I played Stroggwar a bit for Q3, but that kinda died on its ass.

wow, that would be REALLY hard, almost a whole re-work of the source engine. Dont expect a mod like that to come out, but who knows....

Originally posted by Ender01
wow, that would be REALLY hard, almost a whole re-work of the source engine. Dont expect a mod like that to come out, but who knows....

it would be hard but definitly not impossible as natural-selection has proved...and since the Source Engine will be even more Mod-able it'll prolly be easier making an RTS mod in Source than on the old engine.

Back