RTW gets IGN's best of E3 award.

Dougy

Reaction score
Yep Rome Total War bet Half life 2 to the top spot on IGN's best of e3 2004 awards.

Its the first time a strategy got that award.

Developer: Creative Assembly
Publisher: Activision
Release Date: Fall 2004

"While this year's E3 didn't really hold any major surprises for us, it was full of quality titles. But one stood above the crowd for us and has gotten us more excited than any other title in the show and it isn't a shooter, it's a strategy title... In fact, it's the first strategy title to ever win PC Game of the Show here at IGN. Rome: Total War is brilliantly massive with both huge scale battles and a complex campaign structure. This game has so much going for it, it's impossible to really express in a mere 100 words. We just can't wait to get our hands on this game. That and it has flaming pigs. Flaming pigs!"

http://romandomain.120host.net/screen8.jpg
http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/images/mag/Features/Pictures/0001902,02.jpeg
http://romandomain.120host.net/Screen7.jpg

Now, before you fanboys go "OMGZ its teh suxorz hl2 pwns that" just realise that this game is capable of 48,000 units as detailed as Hl1's characters in one battle.

It was deserved, the game looks amazing.

(PS: I'd change your sig if you think RTW stole the show :p)

Probably cuzz Hl2 was supposed to come out 10months ago. O well it still will pwn.

PvtRyan said:
It was deserved, the game looks amazing.

(PS: I'd change your sig if you think RTW stole the show :p)

yes i like to contradict myself......

EDIT: better?

Rome Total War, looks amazing! it did deserve the best of E3 from IGN.
when I first saw footage of it... I was thinking it was some crappy cg movie because there were thousands of guys onscreen with dust kicking up etc...
then I found out it was in-game... incredible.

Mr. Redundant said:
Rome Total War, looks amazing! it did deserve the best of E3 from IGN.
when I first saw footage of it... I was thinking it was some crappy cg movie because there were thousands of guys onscreen with dust kicking up etc...
then I found out it was in-game... incredible.

I would just like to take this opportunity to big up my little brother - who is the artist respnsible for most of the models and skins in Rome: Total War (btw, I can get copies for 7 quid when it's released. Mr popular \o/)

3 cheers for buz666/Surfur, depending on what nick name he's going by.

This game is gonna kick ass :)

Warbie said:
I would just like to take this opportunity to big up my little brother - who is the artist respnsible for most of the models and skins in Rome: Total War (btw, I can get copies for 7 quid when it's released. Mr popular \o/)

cool, mad props to your brother then ;) looks like a game Im gonna get when it is released.

Dougy said:
Now, before you fanboys go "OMGZ its teh suxorz hl2 pwns that" just realise that this game is capable of 48,000 units as detailed as Hl1's characters in one battle.
So, it can have a lot of units. Great. I'd still rather have HL2. :p

Snakebyte said:
So, it can have a lot of units. Great. I'd still rather have HL2. :p

Wow so HL2's got physics, just like Max payne 2 or any of the other dozen games released since last year....

HL2's gots good Gfx... just like Doom 3 and stalker and every other game anounced since last year.....

show me any other game capable of doing what RTW is doing :thumbs:

Dougy said:
Wow so HL2's got physics, just like Max payne 2 or any of the other dozen games released since last year....

HL2's gots good Gfx... just like Doom 3 and stalker and every other game anounced since last year.....

show me any other game capable of doing what RTW is doing :thumbs:
To be fare Max Payne 2 had Ok physics, but nothing half as good as hl2 will have. HL2 has supirior graphics to doom 3 in my opinion. Thats what im looking forward to and why i think it will be better then RTW.

I'm not flamming Rome Total War, Hell I'm getting it first day it comes out. It did deserve IGNs best game this year :thumbs:

Half-Life 2 grabbed the spotlight last year, so it was time to hand down the torch. And no one could've been a better receiver than Rome: Total War. I've been waitin' for it since I've heard of it last year. The game looks great.

Dougy said:
Yep Rome Total War bet Half life 2 to the top spot on IGN's best of e3 2004 awards.

Its the first time a strategy got that award.

Developer: Creative Assembly
Publisher: Activision
Release Date: Fall 2004

"While this year's E3 didn't really hold any major surprises for us, it was full of quality titles. But one stood above the crowd for us and has gotten us more excited than any other title in the show and it isn't a shooter, it's a strategy title... In fact, it's the first strategy title to ever win PC Game of the Show here at IGN. Rome: Total War is brilliantly massive with both huge scale battles and a complex campaign structure. This game has so much going for it, it's impossible to really express in a mere 100 words. We just can't wait to get our hands on this game. That and it has flaming pigs. Flaming pigs!"

http://romandomain.120host.net/screen8.jpg
http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/images/mag/Features/Pictures/0001902,02.jpeg
http://romandomain.120host.net/Screen7.jpg

Sounds worthwhile.

Hopefully these new games (like doom 3, hl2, rome: tw, e.t.c) don't screw up in actual gameplay - because technically they are all powerhorses.

Seeing games come out with good technology is actually making graphcs even a less significant factor now - all that remains to be seen is gameplay.

Warbie said:

cool. IMO he's done a fantastic job(at least judging from the screeshots and trailers). I think this game deserved the award, I've been waiting for the next instalment in the total war series for ages. I can't wait for this game.

I wouldn't mind getting a copy of the game for £7.
*wink* *wink* *nudge**nudge*

lans said:
Sounds worthwhile.

Hopefully these new games (like doom 3, hl2, rome: tw, e.t.c) don't screw up in actual gameplay - because technically they are all powerhorses.

Seeing games come out with good technology is actually making graphcs even a less significant factor now - all that remains to be seen is gameplay.

Well Rome Total War is the 3rd in the total War series...

Shogun Total War got 90-95% on average....

Medieval Total War got 92-96% on average.... Including pcgamer uk's best game ever award.

And the people who have played RTW so far have commented on the Core gameplay remains in Rome.

Im realy expecting Rome to get 90%+ from all the review sites (barring idiots who dont give any good reviews or are console whores)

Apparenlty RTW will work as good on your PC as MTW does.....

The game looks really amazing but I have the feeling that if I play it, I would get bored of it within 2 weeks. It's been like that for practically every RTS that I play, even ones that I thought were really good like Rise of Nations.

Still, I wish for the day where we can actually be in the virtual army.....

That would be truly amazing...think of the multiplayer..

:drools:

Styloid said:
The game looks really amazing but I have the feeling that if I play it, I would get bored of it within 2 weeks. It's been like that for practically every RTS that I play, even ones that I thought were really good like Rise of Nations.

This game is nothing like other RTS's....

It is completely non linear, if you want to invade france you can if you want to go france you can.... there are NO limitations on how you play the campaign.

you can even sit back and build a massive economy then just buy your enemies army's from him.

Anyway... New RTW video released at E3

http://www.gamershell.com/download_5997.shtml

This game is so far ahead of the competition its not even funny....

Back