Russian girl with x-ray vision

Reaction score
Have you guys heard of this 16/17 years old girl Natalia Demkina, who supposedly has the abbility to look through material (like the inside of ppl, through doors)? Its pretty amazing, my theory (without actually knowing alot about x-ray etc.) is that her eyes or brain are somehow able to catch the other tones of the light spectrum, than what we usually see. She says she can see like normal people and look inside them meaning she can control it. :O Lets hope she becomes a member of the X-men and not the opposition ;o) :rolling: :eek:

Links:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/world/newsid_3400000/3400327.stm

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_855907.html

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_860742.html?menu=news.scienceanddiscovery

http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm/method=messages&threadid=11212&forumid=5&count=3

http://www.google.dk/search?q=russian+girl+xray+vision&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=da&meta=

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Natalia+Demkina

If this isn't discussable, I dont know what is!

Pauly said:
how is that possible???? thats crzy!!!
Yep

Im having a hard time beliving it myself, kinda differs from alot of what Ive learnt in public school...

She's kinda hot, I would try to hit on her. But then again, she'll see right through me. :)

Wait, so can she focus on the actual thing... then choose to see through it... or...

Yeah, lucky.

i will be sure to wear a lead cod piece when I am around her...

or maybe not, teehee!!!

LoneDeranger said:
She's kinda hot, I would try to hit on her. But then again, she'll see right through me. :)
Haha...

btw That is the most amazing thing I have ever heard. Completly mind boggling. I can't stop thinking about it...

You know you wanna' hit that... you know you wanna' hit that, hit that. Err... I like Offspring, so crucify me lol :p.

Is this actually possible? Physics students, break out your slide rules and tell me!

LoneDeranger said:
But, yeah, we Russians are good at stuff like that usually.

Hmm you know what us texans are good at...? :LOL:
No but seriously wtf thats not fair, we should all come with one of those..or dude..they should be able to inject us with something...damnit not fair.

well, she has a future in airport security.

"In the event of a dildo, we have to use the indefinite
article 'a dildo', never 'your dildo'"

LoneDeranger said:

Oooooh Cheesy :D

She was on that morning programme which used to be Richard and Judy, but for some reason i turned it off before they got back any results, cant think why. It was probably the chronic boredom i was suffering.

(If you dont know what Richard and Judy is...im not gonna bother describing it because it really isnt worth it. Just think, day time television)

This Morning, thats what it was called. Just saw it on the website.

_-_-SELAS-_-_ said:
Have you guys heard of this 16/17 years old girl Natalia Demkina, who supposedly has the abbility to look through material (like the inside of ppl, through doors)? Its pretty amazing, my theory (without actually knowing alot about x-ray etc.) is that her eyes or brain are somehow able to catch the other tones of the light spectrum, than what we usually see. She says she can see like normal people and look inside them meaning she can control it......

While I won't claim it's absolutely impossible I highly doubt this story is accurate. Your theory about how it would be done, SELAS, wouldn't actually work. Your saying that she could actually see X-ray radiation right? Well first of all this would mean that every object is giving off x-ray radiation which would pass through objects and then into her eyes where she could process the information. This is impossible since objects don't just randomly generate X-ray radiation. Second there is no way that she can see X-ray radiation in the first place. Just think about how X-rays work. They pass through soft body tissues and are only blocked by denser materials such as bones. This mean that the tissue of your eye is not capable of stopping X-ray radiation at all. It will just pass through it unhindered so there is no way a person could obtain visual information from X-rays. This is due to the fact that the X-ray photons are at an energy state too high for your body tissues to absorb.

If I had x-ray vision I'd want to be able to use it whenever I wanted and I'd be able to see through clothes. Yea.

thats what they get for all those poorly maintained radioactive materials...

i wonder if she lived near chernobyl

lmao

and even if it's not via x-rays...it could be happening somehow...like you indicated...i'm highly skeptical, but unwilling to put the "impossible" stamp on it.

kewl, well if anyones seen X men 1 and 2, you could class her as a mutant, like a jump in evolution, maybe..

intresting when you think all we see in our visual range, probably accounts for most of our lack of understanding in our world and why it actually exists as it does. :cool:

Altough this would be awesome, a quick browse of the google found that the story originally came from Pavda:

Some guy in a forum said:
How did I know it would be Pravda? This is the Russian equivalent of the Weekly World News.

I dunno if this is the case, but I'm a bit more doubtful.
Maybe batboy caused the powers, or maybe it's all true and forum guy is in error?

Keep watching the skies!

its not hard to test is it... just hide stuff behind a curtain and ask whats there and make sure she doesent know ahead of time...

my guess is she cant do it that way.. and its one of those "omg its a miracle" things that gains alot of hype only on corners of the internet with loyal believers

I see a heart, and a stomach, and a liver, and some intestines. OMG YOU HAVE A BONE IN YOUR ARM!!!

that my friends... is amazing :p

If this is a genetic anomoly (which it probably is) and she has atleast 4 kids then atleast one will have it, and if she keep having kids and they all do, eventually it'll be a recessive gene thing, like having blue eyes or something like that. It'll eventually leak into all of humanity that way, and someday commonplace.

That's if she makes kids.... I call shotgun!!

Dude, if it comes from the russian Weekly World News then it's a lie, you see, all articles on Weekly World News are JOKES and lies.

spookymooky said:
Is this actually possible? Physics students, break out your slide rules and tell me!
Im more of a chemistry person but I guess it really is possible. The electromagnetic spectrum is simply energy waves, all the light we see is around the middle of the spectrum while x-rays are a little lower on the spectrum.

If she can see x-rays then she must also be able to see ultraviolet as well.
She must simply have a genetic anomaly that makes her eyes sensitive to a wider range of the spectrum than the rest of us.

Heres a diagram of the spectrum:
http://www.astro.uiuc.edu/~kaler/sow/emspectrum.jpg

What a load of crap. Its impossible, completely impossible.

Nothing is impossible. Some things are so highly unlikely that they could never be expected to happen, but I would hesitate to call anything impossible.

Just a lie to attract people to Russia, or something like that. If this IS true , I'll eat my computer piece by piece and post the video of the process on this forum.

Fat Tony! said:
What a load of crap. Its impossible, completely impossible.

it's mathematically and physically possible that my entire body could quantum shift into the next room...or that Earth could quantum shift inside jupiter or something...but it's not probable. don't ever say something is impossible...otherwise you just look stupid.

and if that story originally came from the russian equivalent of the weekly world news, then there goes the BBC's credibility...

the fact that the story was on the BBC was the only reason i gave it an ounce of consideration :p

NOTHING is impossible, but things can be HIGHLY unlikely to happen.

Well, BBC is under Goc conttrol, so they might be doing something in order do ruin its credibility with the whole Hutton report and consequences.

But if its real, I think its probably a son of a "secret city" - read this

Some ppl say that this is the origin of "City-17"

Anyway, both the Russians and the Americans did lots of human experiments during the cold War, my best guess this is the result.

Back