S.W.A.T Modification idea

X

Xone

Since the other S.W.A.T mod.. i guess dissapeared, I had to create this. Now, I cant model, skin, animate or code, but i can research :D. I was just hoping this idea would make it to a motivated modding team. It could definately be one of the best mods if carefully planned.

o Live atmosphere, such as citizens walking down the road and cars passing by, or news helicopters and police helicopters flying about. Birds flying in the sky, dogs barking from gun fire, citizens screaming when they hear gun shots many, and many other ideas.

o Real scenarios, such as the bank heist a while back where 2 gun men with full body armor come out of a bank and try to escape. Many different game plays can come from just one scenario, such as a midnight drug raid on a known drug lord, hostage situations, search warrants gone bad, bank robberies, barricaded suspects. Maybe even a bomb team come in to disable bombs.

o Wide variety of unique tools. For example, on the E3 video, it shows a group of combine soldiers trying to enter an apartment, and they barge in. This technology could go very far. While one platoon tries to secure the front door, a second platoon can be around back guarding it. Mabye a battering ram and riot shields.

o Bullet physics, like mass of bullets and properties to decide if they penetrate through a wall or door. Fragments from cars flying everywhere and chips of wall fragments are everywhere. Same goes with the weight of the officer determens how fast he is.

o Live in the world. You will be either flown to the crime scene on helicopter or driven in a S.W.A.T van in real time from the police station. The police station will be a place to relax and touch up on your skills. Train drug dogs, or anything thought could be though of. Even implement different divisions, such as a bomb squad, or riot control, sniper division.. and ect.

Of course, this is only single-player, multi-player i'm guessing it would end up like counter-strike, but 100x better.

My next post is going to be like yours but 100x better.

I read the word swat and cs, the end.

Pendragon said:
The SWAT mod may have disappeared, but SWAT4, for instance, is still in development (rising from the ashes of SWAT: UJ). Perhaps a more original tack?
i thought swat4 got scrapped a month or two ago :borg:

I'd be more impressed if the modification was based more on SWAT 3 gameplay than Counter-Strike gameplay.

Also, when I read your description, it reminded me exactly why the previous SWAT modification died - it was too ambitious, it seems like its based on the hollywood adaption of SWAT teams instead of what they actually do, and it seems like its fueled by adolescent desire rather than the desire to actually make a playable and in depth game.

Back