Same game, Two computers?

nightwolf41

Reaction score
hey,
I've been playing Half-life 2 for awhile and my computer can hardly run it. When things start to get hecktic on screen my CPU slows to a crawl. I've been thinking of getting a new one for awhile. With these problems I dicided I whould.

My only worry is that when I install Half Life 2 onto a new computer with the same CD key Valve and Steam will not allow it. should this be a concern of mine?

Valve will allow it that way yes.

Valve won't allow you to try and run both installs at once.

zxxgp said:
so you can put the game on another computer?

I think the only thing you can do is put the steam acount on another computer, I dont think you can register the same cd key on 2 accounts.

I assume you just install the game and steam on the new comp, then log in to your current HL2 steam account.

easy riding.

i used my one account for both my moms and dads house
you'll just be prompted to put in your password if you have it remembered when you log in at another location.

cool...so am can i install steam on my other computer and play CS:S on the both comps in my house?

u can use the same account on both comp but in cs : s you cant play on the same server..

ooooo why cant i play on the same server :( :( i can with Call Of Duty and Medal of honour...why not CS:S

CriYam said:
Valve won't allow you to try and run both installs at once.
is that w/ reference to hl2? as im guessing you could run it on as many pc's as you like at the same time in offline mode.

so will i be able to play on the same server in cs:s with two comps in my house??? if not why?

because with medal of honour i can and call of duty i can so why not CS:S

commando said:
so will i be able to play on the same server in cs:s with two comps in my house??? if not why?

because with medal of honour i can and call of duty i can so why not CS:S

Did you play cs 1.5 on the same server with the same serial key ?
But you can play HL2 on two or more computers in online mod. You dont have to be offline.

no i didn't play cs 1.5 with two comps no. i didn't even play cs 1.5 myself.

i didn't personally like cs....but i love cs:s

so i would love to play it on two comps in my house :D is it possable?

Once you creat a account on steam you can go anywhere in the world and use it. Thats another great thing about steam.

yea that is sweet as...BUT...

can me and my bro play cs:s against each other and with each other with the two computers in my house? playing at same time?

commando said:
yea that is sweet as...BUT...

can me and my bro play cs:s against each other and with each other with the two computers in my house? playing at same time?

You will need 2 copies of the game to do that.

Sorry for the thread-jacking but a slightly different question on a similar theme, I install HL2 (and more importantly CS:S) from my CD on my computer. My friend has bought HL2 installed it on his computer, if he logs in to steam on my computer will he be able to play HL2/CS:S?

ratboy: yes... steam refrences the account for a valid cd:key

you can install your copy of HL2 on as many machines as you like. You can play CS:S in a LAN game with as many people as you like, all using the same copy, but they will not be able to play on the same server online.

Valve posted this info a while back on STEAMPOWERED.com

Back