San Andreas leaked

ninjadragon

Reaction score
looks like they got gta:sa as well as halo 2

Straight from gamespy:

What in the name of the gaming gods is going on?

Half-Life 2, DOOM 3, Halo 2, and today's addition, Rockstar's GTA: San Andreas, have all been leaked, hacked, and warezed before their official launch dates.

With less than a week to go, the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas impact might not be as big as last week's Halo 2 predicament, but even so, several of the big titles this year have been pirated prior to appearing in stores. The GTA: San Andreas version is 2.6 GB and labeled DVD USA.

Rockstar sent us a comment on the piracy:

"Rockstar Games and Take-Two Interactive Software are aware that an illegally obtained version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and images from the game and manual have been posted to various internet sites. The proper authorities are investigating the theft and are continuing to investigate all possible leads to ensure there is no further dissemination of our creative content. Downloading, possession and distribution of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, including making the game available on the internet, is theft.

We take the theft of our intellectual property very seriously and we are and will continue to diligently and aggressively pursue this matter. If anyone finds information on websites with links to unauthorized downloads, information, scans or videos, please contact us at [email protected].

The launch date of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas remains the same. The game will be on store shelves in North America on Oct. 26 and in Europe on Oct. 29."

GTA: San Andreas is the third PS2 chapter of the multimillion unit selling franchise. Boasting a world that five times larger than Vice City, San Andreas introduces a host of new features that include eating food to survive, the freedom to completely customize your character with tattoos, clothing, and haircuts, a brand-new vehicle physics engine, the long-wanted ability to swim, and overhauled graphical presentation.

It will still sell like crazy, most people who play GTA hardly know how to get a warez copy of a console game working.

Oh sorry, i didnt see that thread, and i searched for "san andreas stolen" and nothing came up, you can close this thread now.... :|

It's of course ultimately the fault of the people stealing them.

But really these companies need better security.

I see it downloaded nearly 8000 times on one site, its not a massive problem when you think how many copies was sold on PS2 in the first 3 months with GTA:VC (8.5million). Fair enough 8000 is still alot of money (£320'000) but the game will still sell like crazy.

They do need to start looking into why they are getting leaked and how they can stop it though.

people can only play it if they have a modded ps2 now though? and thats illegal now, so i doubt many people do have modded ps2's anyway to make the game useful. Plus not many people know bitTorrent to know to look for it, the game will sell millions, more than VC.

Back