San Andreas Multiplayer

Lucid

The Freeman
Reaction score
San Andreas Multiplayer (SA:MP) is a modification for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas which turns it into a multiplayer game. You can play over the internet (or LAN) with up to 200 other people. You need the original Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas PC game to play San Andreas Multiplayer.

In SA:MP you are able to do almost anything that you can do in single player GTA. SA:MP also features the ability to create your own scripted game modes. There are many game modes that feature a series of different and fun things to do. Many of which are not possible in single player.
- SA-MP Wiki

s022_3.png

s022_1.png

SA-MP Homepage

Decided to make a thread on SA-MP in case any of you are going to be GTA IV deprived and are craving a GTA MP fix. :D

This is as close as it gets and it kicks ass.

What's better these days, Multi Theft Auto or SA-MP?

I played MTA back in the heyday and it was infinitely better. Is it a Garry's Mod vs. JBMod thing where the original impersonator got better?

I used to love playing MTA:Vice City, organising king of the hill on the central island. It was epic.

MTA for GTA:SA last I checked is just a racing mod atm, but yeah it kicked ass on Vice City.
Not the case for SA though.

SA-MP adds everything.

The only thing is, players that are lagging tend to get the upper hand in gun fights, but it's not really noticeable if you pick a nicely pinged server.
I've noticed that as long it's before 120, your gameplay experience will be fine.

I tried to install one of these mods for San Andreas unfortunately my versions of GTA are on PS2 and Steam. And they don't work with the Steam version...

I think you just install SA-MP into the San Andreas directory that should be in your Steam folder.

I tried to install one of these mods for San Andreas unfortunately my versions of GTA are on PS2 and Steam. And they don't work with the Steam version...

Likewise.

I really want to try multiplayer though.

Only tried it in Vice City and it was awesome. The mods were buggy at times though and very laggy for me.

I've wasted countless hours with SA-MP, especially in a roleplay server, where I was a cop. The main problems with SAMP are, like lucid said, gunfights can be unfair, and the communities built around SAMP servers are COMPLETELY F*CKING RETARDED.

I've wasted countless hours with SA-MP, especially in a roleplay server, where I was a cop. The main problems with SAMP are, like lucid said, gunfights can be unfair, and the communities built around SAMP servers are COMPLETELY F*CKING RETARDED.

They really are.

Full of elitist little kids and just all-around dickheads.

And there's way too many hackers.

I really enjoyed them... but honestly they are hugely flawed, which GTA IV multiplayer won't be. You had severe problems of shooting people and the cars they were in and stuff and not having them blow up.

But anyways, GTA IV will be great.

Back