saphire 9800

B

BigGoose2006

What is the difference between a:

SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9800 PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP -BULK -OEM

ATI RADEON 9800PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP -RETAIL

What difference does the saphire do?

Well, one is Retail and one is OEM.

The difference between the cards/cores is the exact same unless that specific Sapphire card uses better timings on the memory.

sapphire builds ATI cards, yes the card that you get saying ATI is built by sapphire.
THen sapphire releases its own cards with its own names on it afterwords.

The better of the two mentioned above would be the Sapphire OEM card, they come with 2.8ns RAM, which means the ability to overclock to 9800xt speeds. The ATI will not be as good of a overclocker

AH yes, that and their driver releases and types are different. I cannot run ATI's stock card drivers on my sapphire 9800Pro card, I must get them from sapphiretech.com

Not only that but the software package and tools are different, mine came with Redline and a few other bundles goodies.

RABIES said:
AH yes, that and their driver releases and types are different. I cannot run ATI's stock card drivers on my sapphire 9800Pro card, I must get them from sapphiretech.com

Not only that but the software package and tools are different, mine came with Redline and a few other bundles goodies.

that shouldn't be the case.... ATI drivers should work for all built by ATI cards.... ATI drviers wrok fine on my shappire 9600pro....

be careful cause some sites list that -BULK card as a 9800 pro for cheap, but they have 128-bit ram instead of 256. that one you listed has the 256-bit though.

just get the sapphire...i'm sure it's cheaper. also take a look at the MSI 9800pro...it's retail and comes with a pretty nice game bundle and a huge heatsink fan that goes over the ram as well as the GPU. and it's only like $213 at newegg...that sapphire is like $207.

@ rabies
i have no trouble running ATI cat drivers with my sapphire card

Back