Scaling Terrain

Shinobi

Tank
Reaction score
I've been working on my map which is largrly terrain based, anyways I made all the terrain for the 3D skybox in my main map so the vertices would line up..

problem is when I go to scale the terrain by 16 for the skybox the terrain gets all skewed and ugly.. So is it posible to scale terrain or am I screwed?

Im not sure but i think the displacements dont change, so for example if you create a block, give it a noise of 16units then when you scale it down, the noise will still be at 16 units so you get VERY jaggy looking geometry. I think you have to stick to making hills from displacements that only raise and lower a few units.

Or you could use the fairly obvious "Scale" field in the displacement editor...

The terrain scale tool doesnt seem to scale, it just seems to flatten the displacement

If it's already at one-sixteenth scale, it will seem pretty flat ;)

Works nicely for me. Or, rather, worked when I used it some unknown amount of time ago.

it's at regular scale, I set it to 0.0625 in the displacement editor,, the terrain doesnt change in scale, it just conforms more to it's orginal cube shape,,,

Scale the displacement to .0625 then go to the displacements properties and change the scale to the same thing, it should work fine.

did that,, almost works, but there's irregular prfound scewing

I'll just consider it a lesson learnt

I think it may be due to corrupted displacements,, I just tried it with new ones
and DRDevins method work,,, thanks for all the help guys :)

Back