SDK crashes when browsing world model

L

LuciusVorenus

Source SDK crashes whenever I select the entity tool and choose items like prop_physics or prop_dynamic and then click on World Model, and I click on BROWSE, there is a slight pause, then the crash.

I have successfully browsed and added sounds...

any help, please !

I've been hearing this on and off... Basically with the ORangeBox update VALVe broke the Model Viewer and the they fixed it again after a while for mots of us (lucky me for instance).

However, if you get this try unchecking the "use VGUI model browser" checkbox in Hammer Options.

Thanks, unchecking "use VGUI model browser" worked... to a degree.... it just opens the model directory and you have to manually find a model.... I liked before where I could filter the results... I hope they fix this, or does getting buying the OrangeBox expansions make this work correctly ?

It was broken for me to but now it's fixed so I have no clue whats causing yours!

I make a point of refusing to touch Hammer until Valve stabilises it after every big update.

I've been hearing this on and off... Basically with the ORangeBox update VALVe broke the Model Viewer and the they fixed it again after a while for mots of us (lucky me for instance).

However, if you get this try unchecking the "use VGUI model browser" checkbox in Hammer Options.

erm... where do you find hammer options? looked everywhere, cant find it. thanks in advance.

dont worry, i found it.

Back