SDk in Weeks.? You Really mean Months dont you?

slap

Reaction score
Was wondering if we will see another episode similar to Sept 30th, regarding the SDK release. We have been told it will be out in weeks..Bah, more misdirecting BS from Valve. Weeks can mean months, and given your recent behaviour regarding promised release dates, how can we seriously take that statement to be anything other than more BS..? Valve, I once respected you as a great software company, but now your nothing more than another Up-Yourselfs Game Dev team who thinks or seems to think your the only company producing games, and that you acctualy are helping the human race in some way by making video games..! Do a reality check and you will discover you P**sed of about 200,000 people with your marketing crap..! Respect is earned and you lost all but a little of it last year, and it will take you another 6 years to get it back...Flames dieing down.....

I Stab at Thee yee Scoundrels..!

While I can see your reason for concern, I don't believe it's even been two weeks yet, unless I'm mistaken. After four, then I would point it out. I hope for the best though. :)

If it ain't here by the end of Feb, then write a death threat to Valve :)

tkday said:
The SDK will come out when i grow a big black dildo out of my forehead.

..what's with you and black dildos? I've seen atleast 3 posts where you refer to them. Seriously, now. Comments like this aren't only useless, but are also spam.

As for the topic at hand, the original mail was posted on the second of January (and the gamespot confirmation followed shortly after), so that was over 4 weeks ago.
However, Yahn did say there's a possibility we'll see the SDK within 1-2 months. There's still hope yet :)

i e-mailed Rick Ellis, asking if the sdk was moved back along with the new release date, and i didn't hear back... He usually replies to my e-mails, so they probably just aren't commenting on that anymore.

Shuzer said:
..what's with you and black dildos? I've seen atleast 3 posts where you refer to them. Seriously, now. Comments like this aren't only useless, but are also spam.

As for the topic at hand, the original mail was posted on the second of January (and the gamespot confirmation followed shortly after), so that was over 4 weeks ago.
However, Yahn did say there's a possibility we'll see the SDK within 1-2 months. There's still hope yet :)

While I agree with you I would pay to see this happen to him.

Guy walking around with a black dildo growing out of his head. haha. Oh the opportunities for hilarity are endless there.

Uhhh.... what if it grows out of the back of your head? Because you've got a lump formed there....

LoL yup..it will not come out in a couple of weeks..it will come out in months!

On the coming GDC (Game Developers Conference) from 22 to 26 March 2004 in California instead of will, wants valve finds now software the Developer kit of the public to finally demonstrate!
Thus it stands zumindet on the homepage von Softimage, those the Moddeling software "soft image|XSI EXP "for valve and/or helped to have developed Life 2.
Here the original message:

This year, we will be hosting by far the coolest event at GDC: a special session with Valve Software where we will be unveiling the widely-anticipated SOFTIMAGE|XSI EXP for Half-Life 2. Valve and Softimage will co-host 4 sessions lead by John Morello (DoD animator /designer Valve) and Michael Isner (Softimage Special Projects) that demonstrate how to make and animate high-quality Half-Life 2 characters within this free 3-D art environment. These seminars are presented in cooperation with ATI - Get in the Game.

We hope that also release of the SDK does not hesitate itself any longer for a long time outside...

http://www.gamestar.de/news/pc-spiele/action/15225/

And in English from Planet Halflife.
A press release sent in by the Softimage people announces a presentation that they and Valve will give at GDC in late March. The presentation will demonstrate some mod-development tools for HL2. Here’s the PR:

This year, we will be hosting by far the coolest event at GDC: a special session with Valve Software where we will be unveiling the widely-anticipated SOFTIMAGE|XSI EXP for Half-Life 2. Valve and Softimage will co-host 4 sessions lead by John Morello (DoD animator /designer Valve) and Michael Isner (Softimage Special Projects) that demonstrate how to make and animate high-quality Half-Life 2 characters within this free 3-D art environment. These seminars are presented in cooperation with ATI - Get in the Game.

Maybe HL 2 mod teams will actually be able to do some work soon, rather than constructing websites and pretending to be working on their projects. :)

Ok listen. They are showing off the free version of their XSI softimage stuff at the GDC. This means that it already has to be out, to show the public how to use it properly. The GDC is in late March. When putting all the facts together you come to this conclusion : The SDK has to come out between now (feb 6th) and March 22nd. Though they woudlnt release it the day of the conference because people need enough time to have already downloaded it. Thus coming to another conclusion that it should be out between now, and earlyish March.

Chewcky said:
Thus coming to another conclusion that it should be out between now, and earlyish March.

Wow, i can't believe you just figured it out! :eek:

hopefully it will be out before earlyish march, but who knows... They demoed Softimage XSI with half-life 2 at... Siggraph maybe? I have the vids, dated August 26th 2003. They demo XSI on the Alyx model, demo displacement maps on a rock wall, and then in game in the tech demo map.

You see a working build of XSI, HL2, and it's all running fine back then. I remember everyone saying that those videos meant we were abou to get the SDK too... no such luck that time. Those presentations aren't actually meant as tutorials, they are meant to sell the product. If they show everyone how easy softimage is, people will want to buy it. It doesn't matter if it's out yet. They are just stirring up interest.

I'm hoping it will be out though. :angel:

yea months....i knew when he said that would be out soon....he meant months....just like if they said halflife2 would be out "soon"

I have a team of scientists working around the clock to fix that very problem.

Spiffae said:
Wow, i can't believe you just figured it out! :eek:

hopefully it will be out before earlyish march, but who knows... They demoed Softimage XSI with half-life 2 at... Siggraph maybe? I have the vids, dated August 26th 2003. They demo XSI on the Alyx model, demo displacement maps on a rock wall, and then in game in the tech demo map.

You see a working build of XSI, HL2, and it's all running fine back then. I remember everyone saying that those videos meant we were abou to get the SDK too... no such luck that time. Those presentations aren't actually meant as tutorials, they are meant to sell the product. If they show everyone how easy softimage is, people will want to buy it. It doesn't matter if it's out yet. They are just stirring up interest.

I'm hoping it will be out though. :angel:

But, the XSI event is for the general public, not members of the press (correct me if I'm wrong). They're showing people how to USE XSI, not showing XSI off.

Shuzer said:
But, the XSI event is for the general public, not members of the press (correct me if I'm wrong). They're showing people how to USE XSI, not showing XSI off.

well, the demo that i have a video of is for potential modders... they keep pitching this to the listener's gread mod ideas, great mod community, etc. i think GDC and this other show are about the same... mostly press and developers, but with information to be relayed to the public.

We'll have to see.

My crystal ball tells me the SDK will come on the 19 of May, 2010 at 7:20 precisely.

We're all doooomed!

The GDC is not at all for marketing the XSI Softimage for HL2. Its Free, so there is no need to market it, its all about showing the community how to use the product they already should have. No doubt there will be plenty of videos taken and released to show everyone.

Hey, a year has 52 weeks.

Thats what anyone who mentions "release within few weeks" can use as an excuse.
And they know it. I dont think the SDK will be released until after the GDC Event, when Valve could build up some Hype for it.

Hooray at business tactics.

Hey ! Why am i having a different set of smileys here ! I had some others before :sniper: .

slap said:
but now your nothing more than another Up-Yourselfs Game Dev team who thinks or seems to think your the only company producing games

The SDK will come when its ready not when you're impatient ass can't handle it any longer.

They are the very few ones producing "good" games, I don't count most of the trash thats been released in the last few years "good" games they are infact trash, and if you disagree go play your trash then. Very very rare a title has earned the right to be a "good" game in my opinion they are mostly trash. Valve on the other hand is one of the developers that know how and what to put into a game to make it good. And if you followed anything to do with valve their string of release date fiasco's is a long one like most "good" games they are hardly ever released on time. So I say to you if your sick of it don't buy the game trust me I won't miss you or bitching people in multiplayer anyways their will be plenty of your kind to frag.

Anable said:
I have a team of scientists working around the clock to fix that very problem.

Hmm maybe that's what they do at black mesa... maybe the artifact was a big black....

i hope they'll show some seriously tight demonstrations of what's possible to make with the XSI and directions how to

the SE of ut2k4 contains MONSTER how to modding tutorials on dvds I cant wait for mine :thumbs:

theres an idea for the CE of hl2 :thumbs:

Back