Sega releases info about new Alien Vs Predator game

MuToiD_MaN

The Freeman
Reaction score
Coming to PCs: a new game in the AVP series ... finally.

MORE info after its earlier announcement, including a couple screenshots and teaser.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/20/aliens-vs-predator-details-and-teaser-trailer-unleashed/

The description seems to indicate that this is the format of AVP game that I remember and love from a decade ago. I could really get behind this, though I'm a little cautious because I don't know how Sega would do with the FPS genre :p

Sega is brainless for not funding Colonial Marines, and spending their money on this.

dont look dark enough,and graphics dont look that great honestly,or maybe is cuz it dont have the atmosphere which again means is not dark enough

Sega is brainless for not funding Colonial Marines, and spending their money on this.
Agreed, Colonial Marines soudned like a deeper L4D, with aliens instead of infected, which to me, is a recipee for AWSOME!

That was a sexy teaser.
If they had kept the game a complete secret and showed that at E3 or something as an official announcement... wow.

dont look dark enough,and graphics dont look that great honestly,or maybe is cuz it dont have the atmosphere which again means is not dark enough

You know how publicity screens are. They tend to make things well-lit in order to make them more useful for PR. If they do it right the actual game would still require you to have flares as a marine to navigate through unlit corridors, etc. I'm crossing my fingers ...

I definitely like the idea of a L4D type of game in the Aliens universe. Multi-Co-op (the genre term I just invented to describe L4D) is an underrated format.

Three-way multiplayer sounds pretty awesome, but also a bitch to balance.

1228934198182.jpg

??

Colonial Marines is still going to be published by Sega.

orgasm....major orgasm.

Now does anyone know why those fags in Hollywood didn't stick with this concept for the movies?

Back