Serious help

S

seth16

I seriously need help!

My internet got disconnected and then it got reconnected. Now when I play CS:S I get 300+ for every server... I should never get that high on a west coast server, since I live in oregon. So I have reinstalled steam and cs:s/hl2 that didn't help. Called my isp and it was a was of time. Some guy on cs told me to change my primary DNS to 18.70.0.160 and my SubNet Mask to 255.255.255.248 with ipconfig. Didn't understand him.

In the past my ping was great and now its crappy.

Anyone have any suggestions??

My Specs:

P4 2.4
1 GIG PC2100
Geforce FX 5600 256MB
Sound Blaster Audigy platinum
3MB down / 256KB up
Cable internet
ISP: Comcast

hmmmm..... No idea..... Your the second person who has had trouble with Comcast... So i wouldnt have the sligtest idea. All i can say is fiddle with your config file....... And if your choke IS that high... That could be the problem. When i reduced my choke to under 10 at all times i rarely had lag. That might be ur problem.............. Its all in the config file

how do you do it?

I got like 40 loss and 50 choke when I entered a server....

That is really bad loss and choke, try this, load up steam, go into the settings menu and change the internet connection speed to various settings and test them. If none of these help, there are other options you can change, but it could be a problem with your isp and nothing to do with your system.

i am positive its my host... But if it was my host then would my other games run like shit?

well if you tryed to play them online, then yes they should play like shit. A ping is a ping is a ping.

If you play UT2004 on a server in the same general area and the average ping is close to the same as that in CSS and you ping in UT2004 is like 100 then you know that is is steam that screwing you up.

Back