Several questions regarding the many options of the ATI voucher

A

aliencowboy

I realize there about fifty million of these threads floating around, but I couldn't find any answers to my questions in specific.

1. If one decides to use their ATI voucher to have Half-Life 2 shipped rather than downloaded via Steam, will they receive the same content (both Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source)?

2. If shipped, will the game be packaged in the retail box or will it come in paper sleeves?

3. If the voucher's number is registered over Steam to download and play Counter-Strike: Source, will it void an order for the game to be shipped, forcing one to download the full version of Half-Life 2 over Steam?

4. What's the ETA on getting a shipped copy of HL2 in reference to the release date. (ie, the day of release, a few das after, a week after?)

aliencowboy said:
I realize there about fifty million of these threads floating around, but I couldn't find any answers to my questions in specific.

1. If one decides to use their ATI voucher to have Half-Life 2 shipped rather than downloaded via Steam, will they receive the same content (both Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source)?

2. If shipped, will the game be packaged in the retail box or will it come in paper sleeves?

3. If the voucher's number is registered over Steam to download and play Counter-Strike: Source, will it void an order for the game to be shipped, forcing one to download the full version of Half-Life 2 over Steam?

4. What's the ETA on getting a shipped copy of HL2 in reference to the release date. (ie, the day of release, a few das after, a week after?)

1. yes, you get the same thing either way (the voucher entitles you to the SP/MP version of HL2, which comes with CS:S)

2. Retail box I would assume.. but I think the voucher is only redeemable for a steam download.. I could be wrong.

3. you can only do one or the other, if you order it through steam you get it all through steam.

4. I dont know for sure, probably a week or so.

ok so 2-4 or more guesses and assumptions based on discussions rather than concrete fact, but I thought I would put my .2 in

If you really want the boxed version, just sell your voucher on ebay or whatever, and put the money for that towards your new copy.

Ah crap. I really want a boxed version and to play the CS:S beta without having to buy CS:CZ. I think my best option may be to use my voucher over Steam and buy a hard copy of the fabled platinum edition when or if it comes out.

Hectic Glenn said:
fine ignore me!
hi hectic glenn :p
------------------
Anyway, i sold my voucher online a while back with a free cd i had laying around, just so i could get enough money (i got 55 USD) to buy it retail. I sold it on ebay, made them pay for shipping, i got several bids on it, im not sure why they wanted it so bad, but they did. :thumbs:

hmm. Good questions, but there's not fifty million threads on this subject, there's 3. Well 4. :D

Anyway I couldn't answer most of those questions, but I think I read something today that said you will receive it 4 to 6 weeks after ship date.

Oh yeah, I remember now.

Found via atihl2offer.con (also check out their F.A.Q)

"This offer does not apply to bulk OEM (White box) versions of the foregoing products, unless a Half Life 2 Activiation Key Coupon was included with the product. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other ATI offers unless otherwise noted. Requests from groups or P.O. boxes will not be honored. Please allow 6-8 weeks and mailing time for processing.

Please note, for Half-Life® 2 CD requests, ATI will commence shipping on the date that Half-Life® 2 is released by its retail publisher and available for purchase in the retail channel. In addition, please allow for 4-6 weeks for delivery."

just confirming what 63SixThreeSix3 said I guess.

aliencowboy said:
I suspect it'll be a bundle copy - i.e. paper sleeves. According to the Inq., these vouchers cost vendors $10. I can't imagine ATI sending out retail boxes for that price.

I'm just picking up my copy at my local bestbuy or ebgames or something. They had plenty of copies of doom3 on release day, I expect the same for hl2

4-6 weeks? **** that noise. I'll download over Steam and pick up a retail box when the price drops.

Just wondering...i just want HL2..not the Valve bundle. Is the shipping free? The form mentions nothing at all of accepting payments and theres no email for ati. If the shipping isnt free..how much is it and how do you pay?

Thanks.

You can find all the answers to ATI Voucher-related questions by calling ATI's HL2 Promotion support line at

North America: 1-866-223-4955
Other Areas: 1-905-882-2600 ex. 2331 (Note: Long distance charges may apply.)

ATI HL2 Promotion Information

If you can't fidn the answers from that website, call that number and ask the person who answers. I called them the other day asking the same question, if I'm allowed to get the retail copy mailed to me if I registered the Voucher Key to access the CS:Source beta, and their response was "Yes"
I also called earlier asking how to pay for shipping, since their website didn't specify how much it cost, and said "no Cheques or Cash accepted", and they told me that they got so many checks that they were accepting them now, and that it's $10 for S/H.
I haven't found out if you get sent a boxed copy or just disks in envelopes, maybe I'll call again and find out.

So inputting the Voucher Key into Steam just to play the CS:Source beta does not restrict you from being able to mail in your Voucher stuff to get a retail copy sent to you.

It says on the voucher to wait 4-6 weeks for delivery after the game ships, so I'm not gonna waste time waiting for that.

I'm going to buy a retail copy the day it comes out; I'm not going to lose out on getting the CDs (or DVD) and manual by downloading it through Steam, screw that.

But then the copy I get from mailing in the Voucher stuff I will sell on eBay. Doing things this way makes sure you get a boxed copy completely free, and you can get it the day it arrives in stores!

im going to have to download from steam aswell (UK resident), this is probably one of teh dumbest offers ive seen in the world. i dont see why valve/ati cant set up some sort of european HQ to handle european requests for hard copies.

i hope they allow vouchers to be used for hard copies aswell as steam downloads.

Guys, just download the ISO.
If the CD-key doesn't work on the real CDs
Then we have the right to sue Valve.
Yes, this would stand up in court.
The retail also allows you to download it.

Oh, by the way. you are paying an over priced shipping charge guys. ATI is going to rip us off.

Just download it and burn it yourself. That way you already have it preloaded the moment it's released, and you don't have to put up with waiting for it to arrive and other crap that's likely to arise. All that trouble isn't worth a fancy box that's just going to clog up your house. That's my theory anyway. I'm in it for the GAME.

I have a question too. ATI says that you can download VALVe Premier Pack and when HL2 comes out you are still entitled to download it. Is this still true?

A.I. said:
I have a question too. ATI says that you can download VALVe Premier Pack and when HL2 comes out you are still entitled to download it. Is this still true?
Once the Premier Pack is added to your account, it will not be removed - even after HL2 is released.

Just make sure you enter in your ATI voucher key before HL2 is released.

Back