Shadows of Winter - Looking for Animators & Character Modelers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resvrgam

Reaction score
The total-conversion MOD "The Lost Prophecies: Shadows of Winter" is looking for talented, dedicated individuals who are interested joining our team.
sowheader.jpg

Shadows of Winter Website

We're currently needing to fulfill the following positions: Character Modeler, Animator & World Builder.

If you are interested in contributing to this project, please contact us (don't forget to supply samples of your work).

Thanks for reading.

(updated)
sowposter1.jpg

Shadows of Winter, a fantasy-themed total-conversion modification for Half-Life 2, needs you!

About
Shadows of Winter employs the immersive qualities of the Source engine; from the amazing physics-based puzzles made possible by Havok to the life-like expressions and performances of Source’s unparalleled facial-animation system.

History
Started in 2001, the project has taken on a life of its own. Originally a modification for GPG’s Dungeon Siege game, Shadows of Winter has since evolved to become a melee-centric, FPS using Valve’s Source engine. A brief hiatus in 2005 has halted production for the past year as members have gone onto jobs within the game industry. Today, the project remains focused on completion and needs your help to see its eventual release.

TrippleHouse.jpg

*The above images are of one of the main cities/settlements where the player will start his journey and some thumbnails are of other material that will be present in-game. We're still within the production phase so a lot will be added as time progresses.

Goals
We’re hoping to produce a compelling single-player experience that is broken down into 4 cohesive episodes that will be released and played consecutively. Currently, our goal is the completion of the first of these iterations. The proceeding releases are planned for future endeavors due to the scope of this project. We're aiming to draw the player into the richly detailed world of the Shadows of Winter narrative and create an unforgettable action-packed experience.

Features
Combat: Wield an arsenal of melee weapons or draw powerful magicks from a vast library of arcane spells; as the hero of this epic quest, scenario outcomes rely on the choices of the player.

Storyline: The adventure unfolds through 4 episodic releases (called “Books” so the main storyline is already more or less completed). Experienced through the eyes of a low-born page that has fought his way through the ranks of various armies of nobility, a story of loss, love, legends & reprisal leads our hero into the middle of an ancient intrigue that far transcends the mundane wars he has known his entire life.

(PS! A more detailed description of most of our weapons, spells, characters, items, combat system etc... can be found on our homepage)

Positions Available
The positions below are listed in order of importance at this point, with the first position being the most crucial and the last position being of lesser concern at this time. Despite that fact do not hesitate to apply if you think you can be of service.

The individuals we are seeking needs to be highly motivated and capable of performing their tasks under moderate supervision (A partially completed task is still incomplete). We also want you to be a teamplayer and be able give/recieve constructive criticism. It is also important to use that you can work in a group, and that you can work within the boundries set by the designdocumentation.

As is customery with projects of this nature, samples of previous work is expected during position inquiries. A minior test may also be expected from you during the recruitment process. Having full knowledge of Sources workflow is obviously not a requirment to begin with, but we do expect you to learn this and to be able to handle your "area of expertise", since most members needs to maintain their productivity in there own respective area.

Coder/Programmer *High Priority*
The duties for this position require a proficiency with C++/Microsoft's .NET programming environments (experience with Valve's Source engine is a plus!). Coders will be responsible for implementing the additional systems featured in this title into the Source engine.

Prop Modeler *High Priority*
Prop Modelers' duties require the ability to model props based on photographic/concept references. Generating UVW map templates is also required of this position but texture work may be left for Texture Artists to fulfill. However being a good texture artist aswell is considered a plus. Modelers are also responsible for importing their work into Valve's Source engine.

Mapper/World Builder
We're looking for skilled map-makers versed in Source's "Hammer" level-editor that have an understanding of both aesthetic appeal and game flow.

Character Modeler
This position is responsible for modeling the cast of characters within this game. A good understanding of organic topologyflow is important here, so that our ingame character will look as real as possible. Character Modelers are expected to layout UVW map templates but may leave texture duties to Texture Artists.

Animator
Members within this position may specialize in one of the three areas of animation required for this project (Combat/Action, Cutscene and/or Lip-Sync) and is responsible for the rigging and implementation into Valve's Source engine regardless of chosen specialization.

Texture Artist
Texture Artists are responsible for replicating life-like materials for our models and maps. This position requires contributors to be familiar with Source's material compilation procedures as Texture Artists are expected to import their materials into the engine.

How You Can Be A Part Of This
If you feel motivated to help us bring this modification to life, and you think you have what it takes to help us, do not hesitate to contact us. Please visit our website for more information about contacting us. Please be sure to include samples of your work (where applicable).

Looks great. I don't have any game-making skills, so I can't help.

What program do you require the Character Modeling to be done in? Zbrush is my preferance to organic things, then i convert it to 3Dmax. I make normal mapping of the high detailed skin and make the model to a lowpoly that the source engine can handle. Textures im not to use to.

Im not really much into the process of this but i know the basics, but im not good enough to work for you so im not going to apply, im sure you can find someone better.

Good luck!

It's quite obvious.

Yeah, I find it hard to support the bumping for the sake of bumping of a 2-3 year old thread. If the Shadows of Winter crew want to post an update, they should post it or have it submitted to the site to go on the main page.

Bumping a "looking for help" thread to advertise a mod which isn't looking for that help anymore is stupid. Shadows of Winter looks like it could end up being pretty cool, I just hate their approach to a lot of things.

Yeah, I find it hard to support the bumping for the sake of bumping of a 2-3 year old thread. If the Shadows of Winter crew want to post an update, they should post it or have it submitted to the site to go on the main page.

Bumping a "looking for help" thread to advertise a mod which isn't looking for that help anymore is stupid. Shadows of Winter looks like it could end up being pretty cool, I just hate their approach to a lot of things.

And you know for a fact that TLPRecruit has no association with Shadows of Winter?

Man, all of this looks really good, except it's all entirely negated because of the use of the Papyrus font. God, I hate that font.

If they want help, have them post a new thread. Stop bumping things with one-word messages.

-Angry Lawyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back