shadows?

Stertman

Reaction score
In 3ds max, how do i make so that shadows apear on a plane i'd put under my modell? i have omni lights and stuff.. but now shadows=(.. anyone wanna help?=)

click on the light go to the modify tab and check sho shadows ..or shadows on ..seriously jsut look around b4 you post and ull find that you will be solving more problems on your own . nothing wrong with posting . im jsut saying that you should try ur best to look around.

There's nothing special about planes. Just check the "On" option on the General parameters section of the omni light properties.

Attachments

• Shadows.jpg
    Shadows.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 145
Ti133700N said:
There's nothing special about planes. Just check the "On" option on the General parameters section of the omni light properties.
which is what i said.

We posted at the same time (or a few seconds of interval).

okej. sorry, but i have looked around.. checked and unchecked everything i have found with the name shadow in it.. but nothing has worked.. i'll try this when i get home then.. Thanks for helping anyway..

try using a normal spotlight, go to its properties and hit "on" then select the desired shadow type.

ShadowMaps are awesome if you want semi-blurred (but low resolution) shadows,
go with Raytracing shadows if you want ultra realism
and then theres Mental Ray, for the ultimate in realism, only Mental Ray doesn't like making videos very much, haha.

Back