Shameful Newb question!

J

Jertsy

Hi there,

Ive decided to leave the world of ut2004 and embrace the CS way of life.. Im planning to buy hl2 & CS S, but as a taster ive got CS CZ.

Just had my first game, and to my horror it seems I cannot mouse look when pressing the forward key. It seems my mouse is stuck. When strafing I can look anywhere, but not when using the forward key... This seems totally alien to me.. every single FPS Ive played you can aim while moving forward.. Am i missing something here..... a key setting/mod/tweak???.....

Thanks for helping out with this shameful question.

Peace.

Not got CZ but every other hl mod allows you to mouselook while moving, including CS.

Jertsy said:
Hi there,

Ive decided to leave the world of ut2004 and embrace the CS way of life.. Im planning to buy hl2 & CS S, but as a taster ive got CS CZ.

Just had my first game, and to my horror it seems I cannot mouse look when pressing the forward key. It seems my mouse is stuck. When strafing I can look anywhere, but not when using the forward key... This seems totally alien to me.. every single FPS Ive played you can aim while moving forward.. Am i missing something here..... a key setting/mod/tweak???.....

Thanks for helping out with this shameful question.

Peace.
Odd! I can mouse look ok. Try it with another mouse if you can, or try rebinding the keys.

Well, I use right alt for forward... its seems using this for a forward button causes it to stick...

Hmm.. Oh well will just have to try and configuration...

Seems odd, delete your config.cfg and let it rewrite a new one for you. Very odd, maybe bind it to a different key if it still does it. I.e WASD to left arrow, up arrow ect..

Jertsy said:
...Ive decided to leave the world of ut2004 and embrace the CS way of life.. Im planning to buy hl2 & CS S, but as a taster ive got CS CZ.

Why don't you play Counter-Strike: Source as a taster? :p

Jertsy said:
Hi there,

Luke, do not give in to the Dark Side. Trust your feelings!

CS leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, hate leads to... some other thing, but it doesn't matter cause you really should stop at Hate anyway.

Welcome to the forum, Jertsy. Congratulations on joining us in VALVe's domain. Its better here. :)

(Next time please post your topics in the appropriate area. Counter-Strike Source / Help and Support is the best match here)

f|uke said:
Welcome to the forum, Jertsy. Congratulations on joining us in VALVe's domain. Its better here. :)

It's SAFER here!!! Good god man, you had the perfect opportunity and you missed it! :p

you shouldnt have bought CS:Z

for one it sucks, its ugly as sin too. And if you had bought the Silver package, you would have got CS:Z free anyway.

Hi guys,

Managed to sort it out now, did not change the secondary Strafe key from Alt.... But its all peaches and cream now.... Ive just got to learn the game now, sheesh. Going from a decent player in ut, to becoming an eight years old bitch in CS is going to hurt. Hehe.

f|uke, got cha m8. Will do.

FthrJACK said:
you shouldnt have bought CS:Z
for one it sucks, its ugly as sin too. And if you had bought the Silver package, you would have got CS:Z free anyway.

LooL m8,

The thing is it was it was a pres from the Mrs... But my student loan has finally cleared so i might get teh silver today..

Anyone wanna buy a copy of CS CZ. loool. Only £40.00 of your UK pounds needed.

...........anyone?

KagePrototype said:
It's SAFER here!!! Good god man, you had the perfect opportunity and you missed it! :p
Oh christ.. you're right. Shame on me. The thing is, I still haven't watched those last three bicks.

That lasted you a long time didnt it? heh

i think you will like CS:S. its still in its early days though, needs work still, but great fun.

im not a UT fan, its just running around holding the fire key and jumping around like a rabbit on crack. One good thing about CS:Z is it will give you some good tips for playing online.

unlike UT, dont run round blasting like a mad man, short, controlled bursts is the key. with an SMG you can spray a lot more than you would with a rifle, but they are really mid to close range guns. controlled bursts at mid range... let spray a bit more when close up.

Grenades are great tools, make sure you use them.

Good luck, hope you enjoy :)

Hey fthrJack,

cheers for the tips... But yeh, This is what sort of game im looking for... got fed up with the crack. hehe.

right, im going to buy the "Bronze" edition ne-minute. But its only going to cost me around $49.00, thats about £27.00 of my UK pounds. That seems cheap to me...

but how big is the d/l?? Id imagin its as big as my birds ass in 20 years time.

Jertsy said:
Hey fthrJack,

cheers for the tips... But yeh, This is what sort of game im looking for... got fed up with the crack. hehe.

right, im going to buy the "Bronze" edition ne-minute. But its only going to cost me around $49.00, thats about £27.00 of my UK pounds. That seems cheap to me...

but how big is the d/l?? Id imagin its as big as my birds ass in 20 years time.

With HL2 and CS:S, about 4.23GB altogether. So yeah, HUGE ass. ;)

KagePrototype said:
With HL2 and CS:S, about 4.23GB altogether. So yeah, HUGE ass. ;)

Well, ive got a 3.5 meter, opps i mean MB, connection... So it wont take that long... hehehe, never does. lololol.

EDIT: Can you even d/l the "bronze" version, its say the silver/Gold can only be purchased from steam, but does not say anything da bronze. Also when i have purchased it, can i d/l straight away!

The bronze, silver and gold packs are the three steam versions; these have to be downloaded through steam.
You can always download the files, but you need to pay in order to activate the game.

Where do i find the CD-Key after ive download CS source?

...anyone...

you don't need a cdkey... steam can see if you bought the game and thats enough to let you play :)

Back