Shores of Glory Media Update

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
The developers behind the modification Shores of Glory are working around the clock to bring you the long awaited experience of fighting the war in the Pacific using Valve's Source Engine. To prove their loyalty and dedication to this mod, they're releasing yet another media update that's, as always, showcasing beautifully rendered tropical environments. All shall rejoice in the presence of screenshots![br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]
newsspacer2.gif
[br]
newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]If you're interested in looking to become part of a mod team, now is the chance for you to join one. For Shores of Glory, they are currently looking for an animator, modeler & texture artist. To apply for one of these positions, send an email to this address.[br]As per usual, if you want more media, you're going to have to visit the Shores of Glory websitehttp://www.shoresofglory.org/forum/.[br]Do we look like we're made of bandwidth? No, we're not.

Heh, some beautiful looking screenshots there i must say.(HDR!!!) Anyway, welcome to HL2.net newsposting return - me and smash holding the fort now :)

Heh, some beautiful looking screenshots there i must say.(HDR!!!) Anyway, welcome to HL2.net newsposting return - me and smash holding the fort now :)
So there is light at the end of the tunnel :O

Welcome back newsposts :)

Ah, a mod update. About time, I wondered about the lack of updates besides the obvious steam ones.

Do we look like we're made of bandwidth? No, we're not.
Judging from your avatar, I'd say you are. D:

Anyway, looks nice. Although the first picture seems a bit low-res. (the tree)

plz pzl pzl mod community - reach down and do something DIFFERENT. The world is sick of WWI and WWII games. If you are going this for your resume, fine, but if you are doing this in the hope people will play, you will be dissapointed. The genre is SATURATED.

plz pzl pzl mod community - reach down and do something DIFFERENT. The world is sick of WWI and WWII games. If you are going this for your resume, fine, but if you are doing this in the hope people will play, you will be dissapointed. The genre is SATURATED.

WWII games based in Europe are saturated. There hasn't really been a quality Pacific Theater game out even though it was just as important. By the way, thanks for the nice comments from the rest of yall!

More specifically, America liberating France from Germany is saturated. When's the last time you played a game in Italy? Or here's a foolish thought - from the Axis side?

the most important question - why no release? just one quality map is all that is needed to get the ball rolling

More specifically, America liberating France from Germany is saturated. When's the last time you played a game in Italy? Or here's a foolish thought - from the Axis side?

We are focusing our efforts on producing historically accurate material. We definately want to focus on the AXIS side as well. For this all in game taunts and other dialogue from the Japanese stand point will be only in Japanese. Not only are we going to add features like using the native language for the Japanese but we are also doing something not a lot of people have done. Specifically within our player models we will have both females and African Americans, which is something not a lot of WWII games focus on.

the most important question - why no release? just one quality map is all that is needed to get the ball rolling

We are still in great need of help. We are in need of 3D modelers, animation artists and texture artists as well. We also have several new game types that are made specifically for SOG and we want to make sure our maps are of top quality. As you can imagine, there is a lot of tests that are involved. There are no set plans on when our first release will be, however, we are moving quite quickly!

I want you
to lead a blitzkrieg!

Back