Short video

Thats pritty kewl. My only comment would be that things don't seem as heavy as they are. It could be because there is no sound though.

thats cool. I was messing around with reactor acouple of months ago, once you learn how to use the ragdoll it becomes very fun :D

I messed with the particle system and pritty much did quiet a lot of stuff with it. But I have forgotten it after so long LOL!

Yea something seems odd about the bricks, i guess you didn't set the right weight for the bricks or for the big ball. Anyway, very cool, did you try with clothing and water? Pretty cool too :)

I don't get what you think looks weird, not that i mind it is nowhere near perfect anyway!

I'm just sticking to rigid bodies at the mo, got another thing planned to do ;)

Yeah it's not perfect, but still very cool. The ball seems to actually hit twice though (at the beginning). You can see it hit and things start to move, then there is another impact as some bricks then start moving faster. They may also slide a tad too much on the ground. No biggy, still cool :) is there a demo version of the program or do you have to buy the full thing?

in think the main problem is the fact that your chain seems too close to the weight of the ball. you notice how the chain follows through a lot over the wall, after the bal has hit, if the ball was heavier, it would keep the chain almost taught, and smash the bricks up more.

PS. ive started that ragdoll tut in Max, but i didnt have time to finish it. does it teach you how to make objects reactable ?

That video is goddamn amazing, i am now searching out tutorials and the program, i wish i could model.

its intergrated nito 3DS Max, so you cant download it as stand-alone...maybe you can and im just talking crap.

I would suggest doing all the tutorials (i haven't done the soft body ones yet so i better practise what i preach!) so you can have lots of things working together.

The main problem could be the number of substeps i used when calculating the animation, i think i used about 50 and i did the spinner on the substeps rollout and it went past 200 (but that would take ages to calculate :/) *substeps are like accuracy (in the most basic sense, the more you have the more accurate collisions are, it makes quite a bit of difference betweeen output files).

I may try loading up the scene again and calculate with more substeps and see what that brings :)

Thanks Pendragon! That means something coming from Mr Machinima :D

And yes Reactor is intergrated with 3DSM, it's based off the Havok engine, and I haven't seen any stand alone versions cos you need to use the rest of Max to get the scene looking right (i.e. to model it)

grr....back to the drawing board, i may just have to learn to use goddamn 3DSM, that would waste me some time.

p.s. thanks for not railing me for being such a goddamn ignorant newb.

'that would waste me some time'

no, thats not a waste of time to learn something, if youre actually interested in it.

Back