Votes: 12 31.6%
  • wait

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • other

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters

Sebastian

Reaction score
I just found out today that my xbox is a worthless piece shit that quit working all of the sudden. I was going to plop down the money for a repair, but then I thought to myself "why don't I just go out and buy a three sixty?'' The only problem is that I'm having trouble justifying the purchase. I need some reasons why I should buy a tree six.

Or.. you could look at one of the other 10000 million threads and decide from there but yeah I think you should.

My friend has one, and I'm not really that impressed by it. Plus, it's freakin' expensive.

So, no.

My friend has one, and I'm not really that impressed by it. Plus, it's freakin' expensive.

So, no.

does he have an hdtv and what games does he have? I know it's not that impressive now, but there some killer titles on the lineup. (gears of war, halo 3, forza 2, Jesus and pals, dead rising, saints row, alan wake, ect.)

does he have an hdtv and what games does he have? I know it's not that impressive now, but there some killer titles on the lineup. (gears of war, halo 3, forza 2, Jesus and pals, dead rising, saints row, alan wake, ect.)

Yes, he has a 56" HD TV. I've played a few games:

Perfect Dark Zero
Kameo
Project Gotham
That one Need for Speed game.

None of them impressed me at all, especially Perfect Dark, which really dissapointed me.

Yeah, you should. It has a pretty good lineup right now. Plus, their library will be growing even more in the near future with Saint's Row, Dead Rising, Gears of War, Splinter Cell, Just Cause, Test Drive Unlimited, and a lot more that I can't think of at the moment.

Right now I have the following games and have had fun with all of them:

Condemned
Kameo
Fight Night
Oblivion
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
Perfect Dark
Table Tennis
Project Gotham
Call of Duty 2
Geometry Wars
Bankshot Billiards

Yes.

- Dashboard is just plain good
- XBLive; multiplayer, arcade (So many great games), marketplace (Demos and so on), achievements, friends system, leaderboards and so on
- Games; Fight Night, Condemned, Kameo, Table Tennis, Oblivion, GRAW, Chrome Hounds, CoD2, PGR3 and so on
- Graphics.
- Games coming; Dead Rising, Saints Row, Test Drive Unlimited, Splinter Cell, Gears of War, Lost Planet, Mass Effect, Halo3 and many more
- Not bloated by unwanted HD-DVD drive, but will be available.
- HD graphics are a plus, but not absolutely necessary - you can use your monitor if you want.
- The controllers are probably the best ever, and I <3 Gamecube and Dreamcast controllers.

Oh yeah, and don't listen to people like this..
I'd wait a little while longer if you want to play more than Oblivion and Project Gotham.
As satch and myself have pointed out, there are a lot more than just those 2, but if you're a close minded fool, than sure, the only good games on 360 is PGR3 and Oblivion. /rolls eyes

Table Tennis is seriously fun?
Yup, it's insanely fun [and simple].

I wasnt sure that I would be to impressed with my 360 when I got it, but now that Ive had it for awhile I absolutely love it!

I'd wait for the Wii myself. I've hardly touched my 360 since its release.

If you have a decent PC, then no. You can get a bunch of those games for your pc, and a lot of the up coming ones will also be a pc release also.

If not... then i guess you should. I never liked it though, but im mostly a pc gamer and cant stand controllers for whatever reason.

weve got it on a huge hdtv at work, believe me, 360 is pretty damn lame.

it also lags worse than a pc sometimes, on prey and quake 4 i've noticed.

Why/how is it lame ?

Quake4 was a bad PC port and Prey never lagged for me.

Well first off, check the backwards compatibility the 360 has with your current Xbox games. If they can play on the 360, then that's the first good reason to get one.

After that, if you have a decent internet connection, enjoy online play and can hook the 360 up to your PC, those are good reasons to get one. Live is a nice service, and with your PC connected to your console you can play all of your music/media on your TV. Plus you can have custom music tracks in games.

Sure, the library at present is pretty thin, but the four games I currently have range from decent to great (nothing brilliant yet for me). Perfect Dark, Condemned, GRAW and Oblivion. Oh, and after playing the demo I'll be getting Blood Money soon too.

If you don't want an overpriced PS3 or Wii and still want a console you go for the XBOX 360. I recently bought one after considering it for about 6 months and finally decided to get one due to Gears Of War.

It's worth it but you may have to resend it to microsoft if you're unlucky

Yes, get one. It has exclusive titles that are absolutely f***ing AMAZING, not to mention Xbox Live Arcade which is great timeless fun for unwinding after a hard days work.

I paid £350 for mine last november (they were very rare over here), and i'd do it again in a heartbeat. It's an amazing machine.

If you don't want an overpriced PS3 or Wii and still want a console you go for the XBOX 360. I recently bought one after considering it for about 6 months and finally decided to get one due to Gears Of War.

It's worth it but you may have to resend it to microsoft if you're unlucky

Wait, Wii is overpirced? Gwah?

And in the 360's defense, my friend plays it 24/7 and it hasn't broken down, yet.

*shrug* If I bother with a console this generation though, it'll be the Wii. Other than that, PC gaming FTW!

The defect rate for 360s is 3-5% which is below the industry standard/average.

It'll be worth getting a 360 just for Mass Effect and Dead Rising. It's also a great option if you want to play games like Oblvion, Alan Wake, Bioshock etc and don't have an uber powerful pc.

Xbox Live/arcade is very good and there's plenty of good games on the way. Well worth it.

I'd wait purely because there will be a price drop, and the upcoming titles will be better.(I hope)

dead-rising-20060728002528500.jpg

Need I say any more? I'm seeing people buying 360s just for this game alone.

I'm gonna wait for some reviews on Dead Rising before I decide to buy one. Also I do have a pretty uber pc (7800gtx, AMD 4000+, 2gb ram). If dead rising doesn't get some good reviews, I'll probably just throw my old xbox games in the closet and wait for a price drop. BTW I would be playing the 360 on a pc montor through a VGA box which outputs up to 720p.

Wait for the other consoles to come out before making any decision on what to get. They may just surprise you!

If you don't want an overpriced PS3 or Wii and still want a console you go for the XBOX 360.

Hahaha. If you want a console, but not a ps3 or wii, wtf other choice would he have hahahah.

Back